Share this job
Japan App Localization QC Specialist, Nike Digital
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
Become a Part of the Nike Team!
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We’re a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Working in Nike Digital Division will be rewarding, it will be challenging, and it will most definitely not be just another job. You'll be an ambassador of the Nike brand -- everything we stand for: drive, determination, the unyielding commitment to excellence, these all will be a part of your everyday experience. We're committed to making every consumer's experience a rewarding one, and as a member of our team, your contributions will be a big part of our success.
As the Japan App Localization QC Specialist for Nike Digital, you will be responsible for ensuring Nike’s Japanese speaking consumers receive the highest quality, most premium digital experience. You will do this with through a hands-on approach in evolving and enforcing quality standards in partnership with internal stakeholders, building vendor relationships, providing effective training, evaluating key metrics and reacting smartly when business needs or priorities shift.
- Oversee the localization QC process bridging the work of internal Nike stakeholders (global and territory) with global suppliers.
- Help drive quality and consistency across digital content (primarily apps) through implementation of localization best practices.
- Review/assess the overall quality and accuracy of Nike Digital Content localization in order to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization; act as an arbiter for any language issues that arise between internal stakeholders and partners/suppliers.
- Lead/drive reoccurring seasonal initiatives and meetings with the category brand teams as well as various other internal stakeholders and our vendors to deliver the most premium experience to Nike Japan consumers.
- Constantly share key insights and information on seasonal campaigns, stories, taglines, etc. with suppliers to ensure quality of deliverables.
- Train suppliers to ensure the highest quality consumer experience for the localization of original content.
- Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and operational workflows for language asset management.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external localization stakeholders and suppliers.
- Analyze delivery metrics to identify trends, diagnose issues and reinforce quality standards via glossary terminology, style guides, etc.
- Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally.
- Advocate, understand and communicate key localization initiatives and best practices cross-functionally.
- Native fluency in Japanese, both written and verbal
- Business Proficiency in English
- Bachelor’s degree in language/linguistics and/or 3-5 years relevant copywriting and/or localization from English experience.
- Prior experience in managing QC workflows of content localization in the marketing industry is a plus.
- Background in copy writing and/or translation/multilingual copywriting as well as a passion for languages and translation quality will be valued.
- Adaptability and resiliency to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills.
- Experience using localization CAT tools is a plus.
- Understanding of localization and internationalization issues.
- Experience managing translation memories, glossaries and style guides will be highly valued.
- Self-starter, quick-learner, detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience in digital operations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support cross-functional and remote team collaboration.