Integrated Marketplace Sales Director, Women's Category
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Date published: 13-Oct-2017
About the Sales team
Nike Sales partners with accounts to deliver the products, experiences and brand stories that make Nike the No1 sports brand in the world. Nike Sales employees keenly understand consumers, the marketplaces and Nike products.
About the role
At Nike we see our Sales function as a source of competitive advantage. As our Sales Director for Integrated Marketplace Women’s Category, you'll play a significant role in supporting that vision. You’ll interface with executive leadership of each function to develop a deep understanding of Nike’s, Nike Japan’s and each Category’s long-term vision and strategy. You’ll lead a matrix virtual team whose primary accountability will be to identify and evaluate opportunities to drive Women’s and Young Athlete business in the marketplace.
In this role you’ll have to develop a strong understanding of our own strategy and account’s strategy to develop win-win solution as a category. You’ll need to bring extensive negotiation experience both internally and externally, and a natural curiosity to explore and solve problems that haven’t been addressed before. To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
1. Build and execute a commercial marketplace management strategy for our Women’s and Young Athlete categories. Responsible for maximizing category business and drive the team to hit the seasonal revenue target.
2. Prepare seasonal Category sales plans for account prior to seasonal account business meetings, socialize and influence the plan.
3. Manage the marketplace by ensuring best presentation of stories and product to our best customers at the appropriate time through the category lens. Work closely with global category teams, local account teams, and local planning team to bring category vision to life in front of our consumers.
4. Establish and maintain timely, consistent and positive external and internal relationships.
5. Work cross functionally with counterparts in Global and in Japan to ensure alignment on distribution and commercial priorities to ensure seasonal readiness at the key gate plan checkpoints. Ensure account team alignment with category strategies.
6. As part of a global team, drive marketplace strategy for our key strategic pillars towards key sporting milestones.
1. Bachelors Degree and minimum of 8 or 9 years directly relevant work experience
2. Experience and track record of success working with major accounts increasing revenue, creating and driving a holistic business plan inclusive of short and long term business strategies and financial targets.
3. Experience and knowledge of retail fluency and account profitability models with an ability to drive a profitable account business.
4. Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
5. Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions.
6. Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business
7. Fluency in English (Business level)
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE does not accept candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.