Share this job
Innovator II (Expat)
Busan, South Korea, South Korea
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike is always on the offense and constantly innovating. We are looking for an individual to join the Nike Innovation team to help revolutionize athletic footwear for the world’s best athletes and most discerning consumers.
As an Innovator on the Nike team you will provide cross functional management and leadership of a diverse portfolio of projects, which can be product, technology or manufacturing related. You will drive innovation from original idea to transition into Nike’s seasonal offering, and will be a hands-on creator of footwear concepts and methods of making.
You will work closely with Nike and factory teams, designing and planning trials for the various phases of product and process: exploration, conception, validation and development. You will translate trial results into appropriate next steps in a scientific and analytical manner, determine alternative methods for achieving performance targets, and generate documents that properly communicate processes and results.
A successful candidate must be a good communicator, a strong collaborator, and have the ability to proactively influence and lead multi-disciplinary teams. You will be responsible for ideation, visioning, creative problem solving and critical brainstorming on new, game-changing product or processes. And of course, you will have fun delivering the future.
-Bachelor’s degree to…Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years of Nike Innovation/Footwear experience (in lieu of degree)
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ work experience in product development, engineering, manufacturing, design, or a related field.
- Creative mindset and an ability to challenge convention and status quo.
- Project management skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment contributing own ideas & solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Passion for creativity, exploring, researching and learning.
- Ability to apply industrial engineering methodology and a scientific approach.
- Clear and effective communication.
- Ability to work independently
- Enjoys working with diverse people and cultures,
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
- Sports enthusiast