Share this job
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Human Resources team
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness and capability, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
About the role
The HR Manager for Nike Japan reports to the Senior HR Director and will be responsible to provide overall HR strategic direction, contribute to business decisions and strategy as well as consult on organizational capability/effectiveness for the supported groups. This role will create local action plans to address and facilitate innovation and transition management initiatives, while also providing local insight and relevance to HR peers across the geography.
This role will require some travel to Nike World Headquarters in the United States.
- Understand the high-potential and emerging talent to provide insights on functional depth of talent; drive succession planning and resource forecasting.
- Partner with the Talent Development team to provide coaching to leadership, enabling them and their teams to continue exceeding performance expectations.
- Work as a focal point to keep the regional geography HR team (plus all systems of record) up to date about each of the groups this role supports in Nike Japan.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders based on trust, integrity, performance, credibility, experience and objectivity.
- Be up-to-date on business needs; be capable of providing diagnostics, briefs, root cause analyses.
· Four year University degree.
· Minimum 7-10 years of experience in an HR or highly relevant role. Experience working as an HRBP for a multi-national organization is highly preferred. Retail industry experience preferred but not mandatory.
· Experience in three or more of the following; organizational design and development, performance and compensation management, employee relations, training and development, succession planning, organizational capability and talent acquisition
· Demonstrate high level of of ability to be confidential with sensitive information.
· A savvy, smart, flexible, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative leader with good intuition and ability to work on complex issues that require thoughtful analysis.
· Organization awareness; perceptive in interpreting interactions among individuals and groups within the matrix structure and a proven ability to work with, inspire and create consensus with a group to cooperatively achieve a common goal.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English (TOEIC minimum 800+) coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.