Share this job
GC Retail Brand Director
Shanghai, China, China
Orchestrates the holistic and connected consumer journey across owned and partner stores with a focus on driving impact at critical brand moments.. Responsible for setting and leading the seasonal retail brand offense across the integrated marketplace and driving a new era of category innovation storytelling & omni-channel consumer experiences. Inspires, empowers and serves the territories and key cities with best in class retail experiences that create brand distinction and disrupt the marketplace.
• Develop category strategies for the omni-channel journey for stores through an an intentional and integrated offense powered through the category gameplan process.
• Drive distinction through authentic category and brand moments, product storytelling and member experiences that connect across innovation, sport and culture.
• Deliver fewer, bigger, bolder product stories that amass firepower against the most important innovations.
• In partnership with Stores Marketing team, develop and drive an in store member first strategy through the lens of category / mindsets.
• Own and drive the functional gameplan process.
• Inspire, empower & serve territories with strategies, tools and guidance focused on enabling flawless execution across the marketplace.
• Proactively partner to capture & apply consumer first, data driven retail insights.
• Probe and mine capabilities and foster a test and learn mindset that informs future strategies.
• Lead and drive industry best practices and standards. Capture and deploy territory and city key learnings for broader scale.
• Leverage and apply territory and city insights to inform future strategies to dominate key cites and doors.
• Lead and develop a world class team with a focus on unleashing creativity & maximizing human potential.
• Delivers Results - Proactive, accountable & goal-oriented. Creates vision and strategy, leads into action.
• Creates the Future - Thinks creatively and recognizes new opportunities for the business. Communicates ideas and plans for future. Drives a shared vision.
• Makes Good Decisions - Is well informed and balances the art and science of decision making to drive results. Key skills include: business analysis and financial management, risk taking, problem solving.
• Fosters Consumer and Customer Commitment - Relentlessly curious and knowledgable about the consumer and their world.
• Develop talent, teamwork and diversity - values team, ensures objectives are clear and collaborates to ensure team success. Coaches to help others achieve there personal best.
• Champion and embrace change - lead and manage transition while exhibiting flexibility and patience.
• Communicates Effectively - Requires strong ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization.
• Lead & Influence Others - Leads with confidence and demonstrates credibility and reliability
This role will be measured against a balance of KPIS inclusive of long term strategic and seasonal goals, delivering against geography revenue targets, membership metrics as well as improvements against functional and operational excellence. Another critical area of performance is grounded in team leadership and performance/positive contribution of team members and their growth.
Key partners include Brand Marketing, Product Presentation, Stores Marketing, Brand Design, Store Design, Membership, Nike Direct & Sales as well as Category and Territory leadership teams. Additional front line partnerships include: Store Operations, Merchandising and often external agency partners.