Footwear Developer II
Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam, Vietnam
Date published: 24-Apr-2017
- Manages the product creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned models to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
- Collaborates with Development team at Nike World Headquarters (WHQ) in the US as well as Product Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Costing, Materials, Industrial Engineering and manufacturing Partners to effectively execute on product development goals and deliverables.
- Mentor junior Nike Developers and Developers at our Factory Partner Product Creation Centers (PCC’s). Work with them and make them understand how WHQ operates, as well as show them how to own and drive development, problem solve and communicate effectively.
- Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
- Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
- Help drive In-line Category Innovation, working with both the WHQ Category as well as with the PCC’s to execute ideas provided as well as generating own ideas
- Internal leader in footwear development, heading highly complex models and new product introductions.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor Degree and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience (Engineering, Manufacturing, or Materials focus preferred)
- Expert understanding of footwear construction, pattern, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Expert understanding of production calendar and the purpose and expectations of each key gate.
- Ability to coach and mentor teammates and PCC PM’s and Developers.
- Ability to draft clear and concise written communication.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization.
- Knowledge of how WHQ production creation teams are structured and the process they go through during production creation cycle.
- Must be a team player. Clear understanding of Developer R&R as well as PE, CE, CMM and CD roles in NLO. Can still work independently when necessary.