Share this job
Director of Consumer Knowledge – Greater China
Shanghai, China, China
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries who can bring their skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At Nike, we put the consumer at the center. Nike’s Global Consumer Knowledge COE is an established and growing organization responsible for ensuring data and insights are at the heart of how Nike inspires, innovates, and operates. We are actively applying data & insights to drive consumer-centric business growth through the development of incredible digital and physical experiences for our consumers.
We are looking for an expert in the programmatic development, synthesis, and packaging of analytics to lead our Greater China Consumer Knowledge team. It's a unique opportunity to bring your vision and leadership skills into direct partnership with our GC Nike Marketing and Digital leadership teams while driving Marketing, Editorial Content, Membership, and App analytics.
In this role, you will establish analytics programs which connect Global Consumer Knowledge functional capabilities to the execution and delivery required in the Geography to influence decision-making, translate insights into business action, and ultimately optimize the Nike consumer experience. The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing and a history of developing creative and effective ways of integrating and sharing analytics along with the skills to partner with key business stakeholders within Nike’s Greater China businesses to drive improved decision-making.
• Lead a team of talented analytics professionals in the synthesizing and translating of complex findings into curated, relevant, and useful deliverables that generate action
• Improve long-term customer lifetime value by establishing and leading a program to optimize multi-channel editorial content & audience effectiveness through advanced analytics
• Deliver insights to inform member strategy by unlocking emerging consumer segments, applying behavioral analysis across Nike experiences, and supporting the GC Membership program
• Drive the science of marketing measurement by leading a culture of campaign measurement planning and execution resulting in recommendations for optimization
• Illuminate the full path to purchase for both Nike members and shoppers, providing both insights and channel optimization recommendations across our digital experiences, key doors, and the marketplace
• Extend best practices in identifying critical business drivers, appropriate KPI report cadence and distribution, and evaluation of the impact analytics and insights are having on business objectives
• Partner with senior executive clients to understand business initiatives and improve opportunities to drive knowledge into action
• Foster open communication channels, transparency, and a strong feedback-loop with your Global functional partners at WHQ
• Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, applied math, operations research, behavioral sciences, Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing
• Advanced degree preferred but not required
• 10+ years of professional experience in a senior-level client service or decision science role in applied analytics or quantitative marketing
• A background in the production of applied analytics or customer research in the context of data-driven digital marketing, digital advertising technology, or digital commerce
• Experience leading a team and driving results
• Exposure to managing business relationships and process across multiple regions a plus
• Demonstrated track record leading high performing and engaged teams
• Passion for business analytics and working with large amounts of data with demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to senior leadership
• Ability to manage a portfolio of large projects in a fast-moving setting with abstruse requirements
• Deep experience managing multiple business priorities and executive stakeholders in an ambiguous and rapidly growing organizational environment
• Strong understanding of advanced analytic techniques and applied statistics
• Ability to integrate qualitative & quantitative findings to define a complete profile of digital consumer needs
• Fundamental understanding of SQL, knowledge of stats tools (R, Python, etc.) a plus.