Share this job
Customer Finance Manager-Brazil
São Paulo, Brazil
About the Role
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on our Finance organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. With the current retail landscape shifting this work is even more critical. Customer Finance is a key pillar of this mission by driving free cash flow and maintaining a healthy receivables portfolio on the balance sheet. We maintain strong internal controls, provide timely, accurate, and relevant information and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, and deliver expert business partnership to drive profitable growth while balancing risk in our receivables portfolio.
To elevate our game, NIKE Finance is in the midst of a multi-year transformation to design and implement our platform of the future. We’re seeking world-class talent to contribute to this journey. As such, we are looking for influencers and collaborators who can champion and embrace change as we evolve; and coach and develop talent with deep finance acumen to help build our blueprint for the future.
As the Customer Finance Manager for Brazil, within the Customer Finance function, reporting to the APLA Customer Finance Director, you will be responsible for customer account management from a financial perspective, primarily responsible for Accounts Receivable and Financial collection management. You will also support the Dispute process related to product invoicing and delivery. You will lead and support your team to achieve business results, maximizing revenues, whilst minimizing risk by engaging in portfolio management of collection strategies, DSO, aging and risk management.
Your high-level communication, financial analysis, negotiations, influencing, leadership and coaching skills will be utilized to direct A/R, Collections, Cash Applications and Disputes activities of all NIKE wholesale accounts. And finally, and most important, you will be ensuring that we have One Team, which works together effectively and efficiently, to achieve these goals.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Manage and develop independently a highly committed, high performing team and ensure Customer Finance Credit and Cash Collection KPI’s / SLA’s are met or exceeded.
• Follow the corporate policies and procedures and enforce within the team.
• Responsible for individual 1:1 meetings, contribution to team meetings, CFE and recruitment as needed.
• Set individual targets and balance the workload of the team to enable the best use of resources.
• Ensure monthly aging reviews are carried out at a minimum 2 times per month, identifying issues and priorities to be addressed or escalated as necessary.
• Lead the team to deliver on all month end deliverables including timely cash application, month end reporting, ensuring accuracy always.
• Initiate and drive execution of standardization / efficiency projects, with and on behalf of the team in line with Customer Finance objectives.
• Support the Customer Finance APLA Director, and the Centers of Expertise (COE) when required, ensuring a solid relationship with the Credit & Risk Team.