Share this job
Consumer Direct Sciences - Digital Content Analyst
Nike’s Consumer Direct Science is a growing team responsible for building and deepening a holistic view of Nike’s consumers through data and analytics and applying those insights to inform the development of incredible digital content & experiences for our consumers.
We are looking for a Content Analyst who has a deep passion for applying advanced analytic approaches, an eagerness to dig into the data, and a vision for turning data streams into a cohesive view of consumer engagement. The ideal candidate excels in a cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-pace organization where there is an opportunity to meaningfully evolve the way Nike created content to connects with its consumers. In this role, you’ll work as an analytics expert using consumer engagement data to identify opportunities to optimize content for web, email, triggers, media, app and push notifications. You will have the opportunity to develop and execute quantitative consumer analytics to develop a deep understanding of our consumers and engagement across Nike’s communication ecosystem, as input into experimentation/modeling and business strategy.
· Serving as an expert in analyzing and leveraging data to optimize content for our consumers incorporating a wide variety of signals, data types, and sources
· Partnering x-functionally to govern a centralized, flexible, cross-platform meta-data structure to power deeper consumer and content analysis.
· Develop and execute interest, lifestyle and cultural audience analysis using multiple data sources and methodologies.
· Spearhead analysis on content consumptions patterns & preferences using 1st party proprietary data to identify the variables that drive attention and propensity to engage.
· Build and deliver content reporting and recommendations demonstrating a deep understanding of both consumer motivations and platform nuances.
· BA/BS degree required; a focus in marketing, statistics, econometrics, applied math, or a quantitative behavioral sciences field preferred
· Advanced degree is a plus, but not required
· 3+ years experience conducting quantitative analysis on digital marketing experiences with a focus on content & video analytics.
· Fluency in SQL (Hive, Impala) or similar experience in analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets
· Experience using analytics to understand digital consumer behavior and identify opportunities
· An insatiable curiosity for understanding the variables that drive digital content engagement
· Experience with a statistical package is a plus (such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to translate business questions and strategy into practical analyses that are executed precisely, on-time, and on-budget
· Ability to connect multiple sources of data (qualitative and quantitative) to tell a holistic story
· Track record of being resourceful, identifying creative solutions and discovering new data sets/methodologies to answer business questions a plus
· Strong communication and presentation skills