Category Manufacturing Manager (CMM)
Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam, Vietnam
Date published: 14-Nov-2017
The Category Manufacturing Manager (CMM) is the gatekeeper of quality for Nike footwear manufacturing. Whether the model is developed in-country or transfers in from elsewhere; you and your teams’ role is to help the factory achieve premium quality standards while maintaining production timelines to hit delivery targets. The Consumer Decides and your team needs to ensure our product will meet and/or exceed their expectations. You will act as the primary liaison between PCC, Nike category teams & manufacturing factories to ensure model key features and specifications are understood and executable.
- Team Management: Set team and individual goals that align with category and function goals. Coach your staff, create opportunities for staff development, make hiring decisions, drive performance management, recognition, and rewards. Structure and foster a team that facilitates and maximizes both individual and team success.
- Manage and execute the production process for multiple models/categories.
- Lead communication of manufacturing issues back to WHQ Category and drive timely solutions with the manufacturing factory team.
- Participate in functional discussions and initiatives across departments. Ensure functional goals and development processes continuously evolve to reflect internal/external best practices and business needs.
- Utilize internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and enhance business group effectiveness.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and direction to PCC / Factory resources to ensure successful execution of projects. Well versed in Nike’s Shared Product Creation and shared Manufacturing.
- Clear understanding of Nike’s product creation calendar and ability to drive process excellence to ensure product readiness is met through adherence to process dates and gates.
- Must be a team player. Clear understanding of CMM R&R as well as Developer, PE, CE, and CD roles in NLO. Can work independently and support other categories when called upon.
- Lead Nike’s PEAC process for assigned category. This includes planning, execution and necessary follow up of each PEAC audit.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of 5-7 years direct relevant work experience.
- Experience in Footwear Manufacturing or Engineering is preferred.
- Able to deliver results with project management and problem solving capabilities.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and re-prioritize workloads for yourself and your team as the business needs change.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross functionally and vertically within Nike and with factory partners.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor a team.
- Knowledge of how WHQ production creation teams are structured and the process they go through during product creation cycle.