Share this job
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER / ASSISTANT COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Kowloon, Hong Kong
**Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager
- Responsible for understanding and conveying company and product information to internal and external stakeholders through appropriate and effective channels.
- Manages employees and sets individual goals that link to departmental priorities. Coaches staff, supports development, makes hiring decisions, and drives performance management, recognition and rewards.
· Drive the Nike innovation message in the media through integrated communications around key global initiatives and global events.
· Strategically integrate regional communications efforts to achieve the most appropriate media coverage for Nike's interaction with the events.
· Help develop and execute Nike's brand messaging for sports events. Lead and coordinate multi-regional communications teams' efforts to achieve the best possible coverage for Nike.
· Drive global strategic and budget planning around communication efforts around events.
· Act as media spokesperson for Nike. Develop and execute media message including brand, athlete and crisis communications at various events.
· Proactively build and coordinate strategic media relationships with key publications, broadcast media and key media influences.
· Develop relationships with targeted editors and journalists; re-ignite existing relationships within the media that regularly cover Nike and actively create new ones.
· Participate in the development of global strategies, messages, plans and communications tools appropriate for key internal and external audiences to successfully enhance Nike’s reputation as a leading corporate citizen in the areas of Manufacturing practices; Labor practices; Environmental responsibility; Community development; Corporate diversity.
· Oversee the management of relevant PR agency relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree holder with minimum 6 years of relevant working experience in communications / journalism / public relations
- With a proven track record in brand marketing; international media relations experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and details-oriented; strategic thinker who is proactive and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese, English and Mandarin
- Travel: 10-20%