Share this job
CATEGORY MARKETPLACE MANAGER
Taipei City, Taipei, Taiwan
Role and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Senior Sales Director, the role will play a key role in driving marketplace management for a specific categories in HK and Taiwan – he or she will be responsible for maximizing category business and driving the team to hit the seasonal revenue targets.
- Acts as the category commercial distribution expert for Nike HK and Taiwan and ensure distribution plans using good, better best as a framework are in place in key city and hot spot locations to maximize category opportunities.
- Directs and implements the category destination and category focus door strategy that meets overall category and market needs.
- Executes the Go-To-Market category strategies and provides expertise and direction to the team on the use of selling tools and all relevant materials needed to enable a successful seasonal sell-in.
- Ensure account meetings are prepared and executed at the highest level as planned and envisioned by the category and teams. Provides clear direction to the sales teams on the expectations and placement of the directed assortments in the marketplace.
- Tracks and monitors assortment placement with category destination doors, marketplace category in-store execution and category sell-thru.
- Works cross functionally with counterparts in account teams, brand, merchants and retail teams to ensure alignment on distribution and commercial priorities to ensure seasonal readiness at the key game plan checkpoints.
- Ensures account team alignment with category strategies and account category partners to include goaling processes.
- Bachelor’s degree holder with min of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Exposure in category account sales management for athletic products and / or consumer products is strongly preferred.
- Experience and track record of success leading teams working on elevating categories and/or brand initiatives.
- Proven track record increasing revenue by creating and driving a holistic business plans inclusive of short and long term business strategies and financial targets.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English, with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- Able to influence both cross functionally and vertically within the industry and marketplace.