Share this job
Brand Communication Director
Miguel Hidalgo, Distrito Federal, Mexico
The role of the Global Communications function at Nike is to establish and strengthen authentic connections with audiences around the globe, through the lens of innovation and sport. We focus on premium brand stories related to our products, categories and athletes; we manage corporate reputation; and we engage, inspire and motivate our employees.
You’ll be responsible for coordinating and supporting seasonal product innovation strategies with a strong focus on developing long-term, authentic media relationships to drive Nike’s innovation storytelling.
The role will include development and execution of story plans, strong creative ideas, issues management, media outreach and messaging. The candidate should have existing relationships with journalists across sport, consumer, fashion, lifestyle and sneaker culture media with a strong focus on digital storytelling and creativity. This work will include driving content development with new and diverse partners, and strategically building experiential media events to drive coverage.
Internal employee communications is also a key responsibility of the communication function.
This position will manage a team of two so experience in leading teams, setting clear goals and expectations, and creating an effective and inspiring work environment would be strongly valued.
The position reports into the Mexican Senior Director Brand Marketing and the APLA Senior Director Communications. Ideally you will have a background in working for a major brand or strong experience on the agency side with a personal passion for sport. An ability to work within a global organization, contributing to cross-functional plans and being a proven media spokesperson would be valued.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in journalism, PR, communications, business, or related field required.
- English as a second language.
- Experience in working for, or supporting via an agency, globally branded organizations.
- Deep understanding of evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape.
- Management skills include high-profile communications, strategic planning, budgeting and creative solutions.
- Successful experience in working effectively at senior level and a proven ability to provide guidance and direction to peers and direct reports.
- On the ground media/PR experience with ability to communicate clearly as a company spokesperson if necessary.