Share this job
Attorney – Legal Counsel – SEA & India
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
NIKE, Inc.’s brands being Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley are among the most recognized and valuable in the world, symbolizing the quality and innovation consumers have come to expect from the world’s leading sports and fitness company.
As Nike Legal Counsel for South East Asia, you will be part of the Nike Legal team and will be responsible for a variety of general corporate law and commercial legal / advisory work for Nike’s offices based in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam. In this role you will need to advise and interface regularly with the relevant business teams and other support functions. In this role you will be reviewing information and data, researching laws, regulations, and precedents, and preparing recommendations, contracts or documents.
- Contracting, Drafting/Negotiations: Under general supervision, review, draft and negotiate agreements and documents relating to regulatory matters and transactions involving the company. Such services may require interaction with NIKE business managers involved in the relevant transaction or regulatory matter.
- Under general supervision, advise and counsel NIKE business managers on a wide range of legal issues. Such advice and counsel involves identification of legal issues, analysis of legal risks and creation and implementation of solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently with minimum legal and practical risk. Monitor and research (changes) in laws. Review and update legal precedents.
- Assist in the management of outside legal counsel providing specialized services to the company. Such duties involve effective management of the provider of legal services to ensure cost-effective representation.
- Support and provide legal assistance as may be required by other functions of the Nike CAO including brand protection, Information security and general compliance.
- Main focus areas of law include corporate governance, general corporate / commercial/ business laws, consumer protection laws, anti-competition laws, trade laws and dispute resolution in each of Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
- Bachelors or Master degree in Law or local equivalent.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years post qualification directly relevant work experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Time management, project management, attention to detail and workload management skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with the business teams and cross functional teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, establish priorities and problem solve.
- Should be able to exercise sound judgment and discretion to opine on legal issues effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a large, matrix organizational structure, in (virtual) teams and independently as needed.
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and clearly in a multi-cultural environment.