Share this job
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
About the role
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan — Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
- Account manager assigned to a highly dynamic global strategic account to achieve sales goals on a seasonal/annual/3 year basis as part of an Integrated account team spanning 2 countries (Malaysia & Singapore).
- Lead the development of account plans with the customer thru close collaboration and enterprising mindset. Work closely with a broad internal team on a seasonal business plan based on financial planning, sell-thru, account specific objectives (financial and category), and an understanding of the retailer’s consumer base. This is to be achieved through your close collaboration with Nike’s cross-functional teams in Malaysia, Regional and Global Headquarters.
- Manage the marketplace by ensuring best presentation of stories and product to our best customers at the appropriate time. Work closely with category teams, planning and account team on assortment plans that contribute to a differentiated consumer experience.
- Ensure appropriate seasonal product flow by category and by month, in order to optimize account opportunities. Work with account buyer and planner to ensure market and customer capacities are met. Manage, with planner, the customer inventory position based on seasonal targets and sell-thru objectives.
- Establish and maintain timely, consistent and positive external and internal relationships. Provide exceptional customer service by developing and maintaining strong relationships with key customer personnel at all levels of the customer’s business.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of related experience preferred.
- Athletic product and/or consumer products large account sales or senior retail divisional management strongly preferred.
- Experience and track record of success working with major accounts increasing revenue, creating and driving a holistic business plan inclusive of short and long-term business strategies and financial targets.
- Experience in utilizing financial decision making, models and translating results into business plans and accurate revenue forecasts.
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business (internal and external).
- Excellent English proficiency and exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives via presentation and facilitation skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint) tools and Sales/Account Management systems.
- Active participation in sports is an advantage.
- Demonstrate passion for Nike brand and product.
- Ability to travel.