Share this job
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
About the role:
Nike is looking to hire a Transportation Manager for the Southeast Asia & India business, based in Singapore.
This role primarily focuses on the inbound supply chain, requiring in-depth knowledge and experience; identifying and applying best practices through knowledge of internal or external business insights, to the portfolio of countries within the network. As a regional people manager, this role is expected to execute the departmental strategy through providing direction, coaching and acting as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Possessing the expertise in importation, customs and performance tracking of service, this role is expected to deliver solutions, solves complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions.
Service is a key focus for the supply chain, where everything that is done is performed with utmost reliability, efficiency, flexibility and speed against what the consumer really wants. As a manager, this mindset should be championed and actively pursued. To be effective you’ll need to operate at a high degree of comfort with multi-tasking, while at the same time, the ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
- Accountable to the coverage performance and availability of products, with a strong focus on service.
- Set clear direction and objectives for SEA&I inbound process lead that is congruent with the organizational strategy.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process for inbound logistics costs, working with countries to ensure accuracy and cost efficiency.
- Partner with DSM to drive a disciplined inventory management process to maintain healthy inventory levels through cross-functional collaboration.
- Own process excellence and improvement efforts in the inbound supply chain that contribute to sustainable growth for the organization.
- Ensure inbound systems and reporting integrity for optimal tracking of inbound supply chain visibility.
- Support business decisions through communication of inbound supply chain
- Represent SEA&I logistics in performance reviews, focusing on air freight utilization and inbound supply chain performance.
- Performance manage partners to ensure reduced lead-times, reduced costs and enhanced service levels.
- Drive disciplined operations processes within SEA&I, aligning and standardizing best practices for inbound logistics across SEA&I.
- Support supply chain transportation capabilities building, that leverage on networks and expert knowledge.
- Well-versed and engaged in customs, duty and regulation aspects pertaining to the importation process in the SEA&I territory; providing expertise in business strategy.
- Minimum educational qualification: Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years in Logistics Management, Supply Chain or a related field.
- Team player who is able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Meticulous and well organized, with a good grasp on numbers.
- Able to multi task, work well under pressure and deliver within tight timeline.