Talent Development Manager
Singapore , Singapore, Singapore
Job Function: Human Resources
Date published: 15-Nov-2017
The manager level role is responsible for enabling Talent Development strategy to be executed across Asia Pacific (South East Asia, India, Japan, Korea, Pacific), in partnership with Global talent counterparts, HR business partners and the business leaders. The TD Manager is also accountable for developing and cascading a sound Learning Portfolio, to be delivered in the Asia Pacific territories with clear quarterly milestones.
With the continual business growth in Asia, there are emerging and evolving business needs for Nike to establish more dedicated focus on the 10% formal education training segment and particularly in the soft skill development training. There is also an internal recognition that there is a lack of Asian leaders in Nike global leadership talent pipelines to assume global roles. What we are establishing is a TD Hub structured for the Asia Pacific region (excluding Greater China) given that market is already of sufficient size & significance which will warrant a separate Greater China TD focused strategy. The Asia TD COE Hub will work closely with key stakeholders (internal/external) to provide training resources, develop more Asian based focused curriculum and roll out centralized training programs to Nike & Nike Affiliates employees (in sales & marketing, sourcing & manufacturing as well as enabling functions etc.) in the Asia Pacific region. This role will be a key resource in the TD Hub, based in Singapore.
- The immediate focus of the TD Manager is to work closely with the Regional/Local Business Units in Asia Pacific region as well as Global TD Organization to come up with key programs/initiatives which are aligned to Nike’s TD Strategy.
- Deliver internally developed programs, but also look at ways to blend it with customized program where appropriate and evaluate external training institutions in Singapore [external training agencies / universities / partners] where feasible.
- Responsible for implementation starting Q3 FY2018 (i.e. by 1st December 2017) so that Nike is on track to roll out and implement the planned TP Program / initiatives, on a quarterly basis
- Communicate and cascade the plan to all key stakeholders so that awareness of TD initiatives is high resulting in maximum participation, and program delivery is on schedule
- Able to blend learning solutions in a way that appeals to the learner base resulting in higher adoption and enabling shifts in learner behaviour and organizational culture.
Functional Skills Required:
- Drives the execution of core curriculum needs assessment by gathering information and identifying capability gaps/trends at all levels of the organization.
- Expertise in adult learning theories, instructional design, program evaluation and learning technologies.
- Ability to assess learning needs across the organization, consult to senior business leaders, and lead the design and delivery of learning solutions when applicable.
- Ability to think and plan globally while acting locally.
- Strong external network and ability to do work through others (vendors, partners, and business leaders).
- Displays a good understanding of various learning mediums and the latest technology/platforms that aid learning which best caters to the needs of the Nike employee.
Soft Skills Required:
- Communicates with others in an inspirational way and able to adapt communication to a global audience.
- Comfortable working with and managing a high level of complexity, and is fast moving in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources.
- Bi-lingual, with English and some combination of Korean, Mandarin, Bahasa or Japanese.
- Will report to the Talent Director – Asia Pacific based in Singapore
- Has 8 – 10 years of experience in the Learning & Development space and as HR Partner, preferably in large MNCs