Share this job
Strategic Partnership Director
Shanghai, China, China
Nike Digital is creating the world’s most innovative, authentic and connected sport & fitness
ecosystem to help all athletes unleash their true potential (and if you have a body, you're an
athlete). From its origins with Nike+ Running to NikeFuel and the Nike+ FuelBand, Nike Digital
continues to lead this emerging nexus of sport and digitally enabled products, experiences and
services. The China Partnerships team helps amplify, scale, accelerate, and complement Nike
Digital within China by identifying and executing critical partnerships, leading innovation
initiatives and collaborating on the strategic vision for the future of Nike.
As the Director of Strategic Partnerships, you will be responsible for designing and executing
innovative partnerships across all Nike Digital (mobile & online) products within China. You will
also play a critical role in the development of our overall partnerships strategy in the region,
and be responsible for the execution and ongoing optimization of a broad range of
To do this job, you will need a unique combination of attributes. You have a passion for and
good understanding of both the digital and physical sport and fitness markets within China. You
have significant experience in multiple disciplines, including business development, operations,
developer services (APIs & SDKs) and strategy. You have the ability to see the big picture and
the personality to roll up your sleeves and do the work. Similarly, you have experience building
momentum and aligning multiple constituencies within large organizations, and a credibility
with and understanding of the startup and venture capital communities. You are capable of
defining a vision, marshaling resources, executing on an initiative and presenting the results to
Are you in?
- 8+ years’ experience leading and managing partnerships (e.g. Tencent, WeChat, Alibaba, etc.) and innovation initiatives within the China mobile & online industry
- Experience with developer services (APIs & SDKs)
- Experience working at a company with a large Brand.
- Passion for identifying emerging trends in the digital space and leading innovation
- Strong executive presence and executive communications skills
- Experience with startup and technology community
- Background and skillset to manage complex initiatives from start to finish
- Exceptional networking, relationship building and partnership management skills
- Strong interpersonal, consensus-building skills, with ability to communicate and achieve results across multiple audiences in complex organizational structure
- Fluent in Chinese & English (written & verbal)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.