Store Manager, Nike Omotesando
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Job Function: Retail Store
Date published: 24-May-2017
About the NIKE STORES team
Nike Stores serve consumers with the best product, services, and environment available at retail. The team leads Nike’s marketplace to execute Nike’s brand vision at retail.
About the role
You will be leading an exciting new concept store located in Omotesando. Imagine a street style lounge focused on visual presentation and styling. It will be the hub and epicenter of street culture in Tokyo. You will be the “squad leader” focused on the following priorities:
- Be of the community. Engage with the community (have social media followers at his/her fingertips).
- Have a point of view on product styling and trend, and bring those stories to life through product
- Drive Product presentation in the store and the ability to adjust it based on seasonal hyper local stories.
- Potentially even ignite and execute against seasonal stories to be hyper locally relevant.
- Create buzz through networking channels to attract local trendsetters and micro or macro influencers
You must be aware of current fashion trends and have strong knowledge and interest in street/youth culture. At the same time, passion for Nike is essential! To be effective you will possess a high degree of flexibility, creativity and open mindedness as well as the ability to handle general store operations and management activities (ex. management of finances, people and customer services). You have a more than average level of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. As a people manager your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverable across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike. This role will require some travel to Nike Japan Office and other travels necessary (ie. Other Nike Stores).
- Manage Nike Omotesando as squad leader responsible for bringing your vision to life on a seasonal basis.
- Monitor the sales performance of the store to optimize efficiencies in product, services and experiences.
- To be the ultimate style and sneaker led store in the neighborhood and be seen as a fixture in the local community.
- Management of staff: Recruiting/hiring/managing performance/staff scheduling/exiting process and managing overtime).
- Identify issues and determine and execute solutions promptly to improve operations and team morale.
- As a store manager your you will lead, coach, drive and inspire your team.
- Run the store with a full understanding of and respect to the brand of Nike and the store’s brand concept..
- Educational requirements (university degree preferred)
- Basic understanding of retail KPI’s
- Experience in store openings/operations are not necessary but will be helpful
- Knowledge of the industry, influencers, sneaker culture and apparel. Social media savvy
- VMD experience or knowledge in merchandising is a plus
- Strong commitment and passion for Nike