Store Construction Manager
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Job Function: Retail Corporate
Date published: 8-Sep-2017
About the Store Construction team
The Store Construction team in Nike Direct needs to provide the store design & construction to serve Athletes, the best environment to promote the purchase of merchandise, as well as provide the best work environment for Coaches (store staff) by Nike’s worldly aligned store design for Nike Owned Store, Nike Factory Store and other formats.
About the role
At Nike you will lead complex real estate projects to achieve milestones and objectives for Nike business in the Japan territory as the part of Asia Pacific Latin America Geo. You will need to develop strategy and action plans for large scale end-to-end program execution as well as plan and manage implementation of all aspects of projects/programs including planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, risk management, forecasting and cost control to ensure the programs are aligned with business strategies and budgets. In order to perform these, you will need to establish and maintain cross functional coordination with relevant teams. You'll also ensure that vendor and supplier contracts, relationships, performance and communications are well managed and be responsible for regular project and financial/budget reporting. This role may require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon, and some offsite meetings at other Asia Pacific Latin America and/or other Geo territories.
- Close communication with Nike Direct Real Estate team to update brick and mortar door projects.
- Store Construction Management in the points of scheduling and budget/cost control.
- Communication among Nike organization domestically and internationally, aligning with local Real Estate, Ops (ROSE), NSO and Nike Factory Store teams, Tech, Supply Chain, Retail Brand/Marketing, Finance, Procurement & Legal teams to precede the construction projects.
- Scheduling & execution of New Door, Remodel, Expansion, Relocation & Closure Projects align with CSR plan with Real Estate.
- Gain internal approvals for construction projects including preparing the approval documents.
- Select appropriate construction vendors for each project.
- All necessary work related to the construction including operational and administrative tasks.
- Bachelors’ degree in Architecture or equivalent architectural or store construction educational field.
- Minimum 8 years' work experience in and in-depth knowledge of the store construction field. Experience in CAD drawing system preferred.
- Proficient in Mac iOS.
- Excellent communication skill internally & externally.
- Quick & appropriate response for all related issues.
- Fluency in Japanese and English (minimum TOEIC 900+)
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.