Sr. Web Developer
Shanghai , China, China
Job Function: Digital
Date published: 9-May-2017
Nike is looking for a Senior Web Engineer to join our team of engineers developing and deploying cloud-based e-commerce applications for Nike.com.
As a Senior Front-end developer, you will be a prolific code contributor and will be expected to demonstrate code and product ownership. You will be responsible for working with your team lead to help set the technical direction for the team, including identification of all tasks and the dependencies between tasks and features. You are encouraged to mentor junior developers on the team, and through code reviews, ensure that all the work being done meets best practices and industry standards. You will be expected to write unit and e2e tests, and will assist in troubleshooting and resolving production issues escalated from customer support.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve cloud-based web applications for Nike.com*
- Work within an Agile software development team as a strong collaborator with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Peer review technical designs, code and tests to keep the entire team focused on being the best they can be.
- Harness your inner DevOps skills to automate your application deployments so they’re fully repeatable. (Experience using Webpack / Node / AWS is a plus.)
- Performance tune your work to ensure we deliver the fastest web experience to all consumers across the globe.
- Partner with architects and distributed teams to ensure Nike.com applications stay loosely coupled and independently scalable.
- Automate testing of all of your components to ensure we have excellent test coverage with quality assertions.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or 2 years equivalent professional experience
2+ years of hands on experience with React (experience with other frameworks such as Angular is a plus)
Experience with browser APIs, including a working knowledge of event lifecycles and performance optimization
E2E testing framework, such as Protractor
Unit test frameworks such as Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Chai, Sinon
Experience with Node.js, Babel is a plus
HTML + HTML5, including Flexbox, semantic markup, accessibility and concepts such as OOCSS, BEM and ATOMIC)
CSS + CSS2, including cross-browser compliance
AWS skills a plus
Basic Linux and command line skills
Docker, Jenkins experience a plus