Share this job
Sr Tax Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
About the position:
- Management of tax matters such as planning, compliance, controversy and communication of new and on-going business initiatives.
- Work closely with business partners and other functional teams in Brazil to structure and understand transactions, restructurings, and business initiatives beyond to communicate current and future business plans, obtain cross-functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination and execution of cross-functional tax solutions in a sustainable manner.
- Ability to identify and manage tax risks.
- Evaluate and advise on business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals.
- Lead tax team in Brazil beyond setting direction for and coaching seasoned and junior tax staff.
- s Degree in Law.
- MBA or Post-Graduation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive tax experience in a large corporate environment.
- Relevant work experience in multi-national consumer products company and e-commerce are a plus.
- Solid background in corporate income tax, transfer pricing and indirect taxes.
- People leader experienced.
- Experience in US GAAP considering ASC 740 and ASC 450;
- including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage others and to operate effectively in a matrixed environment.
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent
- analytical & problem-solving skills and is able to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
- Able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
- Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data and make appropriate recommendations.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.