Share this job
Sr. Buying Manager
Shanghai, China, China
The nature of the work is focused on presenting and merchandising product to consumers.
- Responsible for collecting Nike consumer insights, briefing into the global categories, influencing product creation, selecting the line for top SKU effectiveness and profitability, and determining how the line flows to and through consumers
- Leading future season assortment building offense
- Partner internally in Merchandising functions CM/MM to deliver concept right and consumer right product assortment
- Partner with DSM team to deliver a seasonal strategy that to reflect true demand and serve revenue target
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
Functional Skill Required (Hard skills):
- Product knowledge, material to final product
- China market knowledge/consumer insight
- Retail math, OTB, pricing, s/t, etc.
- Retail experience
Experience Required (Soft skills):
- Requires a Bachelor Degree and minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience
- Solid retail experience
- Leadership in complex situation
- Good communication, and good at articulating stories and broadcasting strategies to broader team
- Trend awareness
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.