Share this job
Senior Product Developer - Apparel
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Nike is always on the move. We are driving a new offense that allows us to serve our consumer faster, more personally, and at scale. We are accelerating our greatest opportunities and putting decision-making closer to the consumer so we can move at the speed of the market. We are looking for a leader passionate about our athletes and committed to delivering game changing innovation at speeds never thought possible.
Nike products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Nike Product Development team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. The Product Development Team leads the creation process, manages product lines, and maintains a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product team members operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether its basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: the Product team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
· Manages the product creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned models to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
· Collaborates with Design, Brand and Category Management, Merchandising, and Manufacturing, to effectively execute on product development goals and deliverables
· Creates and revises appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes.
· Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for products; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product. Monitors and communicates progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
· Assist manager to ensure teams delivery on KPIs.
· Proxy to manage team in the absence of Manager.
· Keeps abreast of market trends, category goals, new technology and consumer needs throughout the development process and engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.
Requirements of the position include:
· Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in apparel development and manufacturing
· Proficient project manager and problem solver able to mentor and influence factory leadership.
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
· Strong influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization.
· Must have strong customer focused, collaborative approach to work and give clear direction to team members and factory partners.
· Experienced in the field of textile manufacturing, garment fit, and graphic embellishment application.
· Ability to write product specs, understands relationships and design intent, and instructs a manufacturer on necessary changes to a pattern.
· Strong understanding of the product creation process.
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook