Share this job
Senior Manager, Government & Public Affairs
Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia
At Nike, the Government and Public Affairs function serves as an important bridge between business and the governments of countries where we have footprint. We leverage the power of the swoosh to inspire public policy. As Senior Manager for Government and Public Affairs (Indonesia, India, Malaysia and Philippines) based in Jakarta, you will be a key senior representative of Nike in engagements with government and other external stakeholders. You will be a key advisor to business leaders on evolving trends or policies that impact the Nike business, capitalizing on opportunities to advocate to achieve desired results for the company.
This role will require some travel to regional countries within portfolio.
- Participate in the planning, development and implementation of the Government & Public Affairs (GPA) strategy to support Nike’s business in Indonesia, India, Malaysia and the Philippines.
- Drive Nike’s interests with key government officials on important issues/topics surrounding sourcing/manufacturing (such as labor, minimum wages/ social insurance, environment, energy, infrastructure and education), trade and sales/marketing.
- Identify, create and maintain key relationships and partnerships with a broad and diverse array of governmental and issue leaders, community stakeholders, elected officials at various levels, business associations and individuals relevant to Nike’s long-term presence and interests in Indonesia, India, Malaysia and the Philippines.
- Communicate to and advise business partners and leadership on important governmental and trade regulatory issues or developments impacting Nike’s business or the industry in the countries as it relates to sourcing/manufacturing and sales/marketing.
- Undertake crisis management as and when issues arise with factories, government, or other stakeholders. Conduct periodic training/updates for key Nike and factory staff on visitor hosting, crisis management, trade and government affairs.
- Develop community impact strategy with partner functions/organizations, and lead in deployment of the programs to promote Nike’s interests and image in the local community.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 8 years’ directly relevant work experience. Business, International Relations or Economics background with experience in Manufacturing or Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sectors are preferred.
- Experienced in dealing with government agencies, community and business stakeholders, with firm understanding of the political/regulatory landscape. Able to leverage connections/networks with government and business stakeholders to maximize influence/advocacy.
- Mature, independent and resourceful. Able to work under pressure and be adaptable to uncertain and unpredictable situations/environment.
- Native Indonesian speaker with strong interpersonal and communications skills. Effectively bilingual in English and Bahasa Indonesia.