Share this job
Retail Planner (ECommerce)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Financial assortment framework development and style color depth/flow planning to maximize revenue, margin, inventory, & SKU productivity
- Develop assortment & key item inventory investment frameworks & productivity plans
- Plan against and leverage the impact of seasonal stories, initiatives and power franchises.
- Weekly read & react of business, recommend actions that maximize revenue, margin and inventory.
- Analyze consumer, marketplace, assortment, key item, top style/sku performance and sell thru
- Provide insights and recommendations to key stakeholders around performance of assortments.
- Take action on end of season markdowns and liquidation
- Retail Plans aligned to Depth and Cluster guidance with a focus on Power Franchise/key items
- Provide context to submission – what is the story behind the numbers specifically to shifts from previous forecasts, gaps to LY and to seasonal targets.
- Pre – Season:
- Build/refine account level assortment plan based on retail strategies and opportunities; ensure plan reconciles with topline financial plan developed by the Business Planner
- Align with and make recommendations to Merchandising regarding seasonal product flow strategies
- Incorporate the estimated impact of seasonal marketing stories, initiatives and messages into plans while considering the accounts retail calendar.
- Develop style plans aligned with power item / franchise
- Align plan with input and collaboration from key stakeholders including the Account, Sales, Merchandising, Planning, Retail Brand Presentation and Marketing
- In – Season:
- Weekly recap and analysis of best and slow sellers vs. plan and LY
- Weekly performance review of key items and stories for the season
- Mid-season hind sighting of key items and assortment performance
- Create recommended regular and markdown sales plan and timing
- Post – Season:
- Recap the performance of the assortment including average weekly sell-through, color performance, and SKU productivity
- Analyze and report key item contribution
- Provide insights and recommendations to key stakeholders e.g. Account, Sales, Merchandising, Retail Brand, for future season planning
- Recap performance of marketing and seasonal stories and proactively provide insights for future planning
- Weekly/Monthly meetings with GEO Planning Team, Business Planners, Territory Merch, to discuss business, risk & opportunities, and actions taken
- PRE-SIM Download Meetings – participate to understand seasonal direction
- CARB Days Meetings – Participate to listen to cross functional teams and provide hind-sighting and framework recommendations.
- SIM Meetings – attend rotations and learn line plans, continue to build assortment framework. Focus on Power franchise, Key Item, allocations
- Buy Review - review assortment and plans against key items
- KAPM Meetings – attend and provide hind-sighting insights, key item plans aligned to business planning season
Requirements of the position include
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer or Assortment Planning experience with other apparel / footwear wholesale organization; 2 years’ additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Ability to create monthly reports, style-level sales plans, track promotional calendar/events and pre-meeting prep
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.