Share this job
Regional Procurement Director for Brand and Marketplace
Shanghai, China, China
We are looking for a Regional Procurement Director for Brand and Marketplace assuming responsibility for leading a team of Sourcing Managers and Analysts in the sourcing strategy development and execution for Greater China in Marketing and Nike’s Direct and Wholesale retail business (omnichannel).
Within the Brand and Marketplace category you will be working with Nike GM and VP senior leadership of sales, marketing and with the Nike Direct organization and be accountable to drive value across a broad and specialized categories including;
- Store Construction (Capital investments in Nike stores e.g. Construction and Retail Design)
- Store SG&A (including leveraging the stores spend in bank fees, facilities management, store supplies)
- Performance Marketing
- Digital Operations
- Inventory partnerships
- Brand Comms
- Integrated Media
- Integrated Retail marketing (seasonal and 365 campaigns in store and on-line)
- Brand Campaigns & Events
This role will report to the Asia Procurement Senior Director and you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing strategies for Greater China include Taiwan and Hong Kong based on
- overall procurement objectives, supply market dynamics, technological changes in the
- marketplace and other relevant factors.
- Working in conjunction with stakeholders to identify value opportunities
- Experience in developing complex strategies that connect Nike’s key cities to territory to geo and global
- Leading negotiations and drive for the best optimized value proposition (life-cycle management,
- TCO, innovation, speed & risk mitigation)
- Driving your sourcing strategy through an analytical, data driven category approach with attention
- to detail.
- Demonstrating excellent negotiation and strong decision making skills, while making decisions
- that are consistent with the overall mission and goals of Global Procurement.
- Identifying and finalize target savings for your category while managing and fostering key
- relationships with the Nike Direct, Sales & Marketing teams
- Delivering year-to-year value creation
So, if you have several years of experience in Indirect Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and/or Category Management we need to know of you. If you can bring a great interest in working for a truly empowered
Requirements for the position include:
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred. CPM/ CIPS or internationally accredited procurement qualification preferred
- 8 years' relevant work experience in Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and/or Category Management;
- 5 years' management experience, working cross culturally
- Global perspective and experience in sourcing and procurement processes, supply base and best practices
- Experience in spend management practices such as demand management, compliance management, supplier collaboration and/or performance management
- Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills gained across a range of cultural environments
- Demonstrated experience consulting with business partners, including independently identifying business partner needs, developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results.