Share this job
Real Estate Director APAC (Workplace Design + Connectivity)
Shanghai, China, China
With aggressive long-term growth targets, Nike Inc.’s continued success hinges on new product innovations, operational excellence and fostering a workplace that can unleash the creativity and potential of all employees and our brand. Workplace Design and Connectivity (WD+C) is responsible to lead the transformation of the Nike workplace experience through a focus on physical space, services and connectivity solutions.
The WD+C team will leverage systems, design thinking, and key partnerships across the Nike matrix and the industry to bring Nike to the forefront of new ways of working. WD+C will serve as an enterprise catalyst under the COO, helping to drive change, strengthen its global operations and accelerate progress toward Nike’s strategic objectives and in support of the Consumer Direct Offense.
Given Nike’s rapid growth, WD+C already face tremendous pressure to meet increased demand and improve services and infrastructure globally. There is a pressing need to challenge assumptions, innovate new solutions and elevate design excellence across the WD+C organization, and the portfolio of Nike facilities worldwide.
Overview of WD+C ASIA PACIFIC Real Estate
The WD+C ASIA PACIFIC Real Estate Director will develop, manage and execute upon the overall strategic plan and will be required to demonstrate strategic portfolio thinking, have exceptional analytical and financial skills and strong executive communication and relationship skills in a matrixed organization. The Global Real Estate (GRE) organization is a Center of Excellence (COE) function responsible for strategic management of an existing Non-Retail Global Real Estate portfolio.
In partnership with WD+C GEO General Managers and WD+C Sr. Director Global Real Estate COE, the ASIA PACIFIC Real Estate Director will establish WD+C as a key global influencer to realize Nike’s innovation and growth objectives. Developing and maintaining relationships with Nike Inc. senior leaders is key to the success of this role through successful strategy and proactive and thoughtful opportunity development.
The WD+C ASIA PACIFIC Real Estate Director will report to the WD+C Sr. Director Global Real Estate COE with a dotted line reporting into the WD+C GEO General Managers. The role will be based in Shanghai, China at Nike’s Greater China Headquarters with some travel as business demands dictate.
Areas of responsibilities:
- ASIA PACFIC Real Estate Portfolio Strategy: Gather and translate business insights in support of long term real estate strategies that leverage the power of our brand and to optimize the portfolio in support overall business objectives and priorities
- Collaboratively partner with all Nike ASIA PACIFIC senior leaders to align and support their business objectives. Be a thought leader and provide advanced market intelligence
- Lead and support ASIA PACFIC business with location strategy and implementation of approved strategy
- Support cross functional WD+C CEO team in the development and implementation of long term real estate strategic plan for China Headquarters.
- Manage annual real estate business planning (op ex and cap ex) budget process and development of multi-year road map of projects and initiatives
- Overall responsibility for real estate transaction management as an end to end process
- Lead and develop business cases and funding requests and present business cases through appropriate Program Management Office
- Manage a network of key internal partners and strategic external partners that support WD+C as an extension of the core team
- Help drive end to end consumer experiences through understanding of and support for cross functional global programs.
- Define KPI’s both for internal functions and external partners and collect insights
- Innovative and creative and in the use of technology and able to approach real estate with a fresh perspective
- Regional responsibility for oversight of lease administration services and ensuring
- Be an active participant in leading industry organizations to bring insights and best practices to help evolve the overall function that inform and inspire Nike’s culture
The role will lead WD+C ASIA PACFIC Real Estate function and collaborate across WD+C Real Estate peers including real estate leaders in all Geographies and COE’s. Collaboration with key partners within WD+C team including: Workplace Design and Construction and Integrated Workplace Services. Partnership and collaboration with key functions such as Legal, Global Procurement and Finance is required to help drive consistent results.
- BA or BS required; focus on commercial real estate discipline desired (MBA, CoreNet MCR designation or RICS designation a plus
- 8+ years of experience desired in real estate either as a corporate leader or external service provider (both ideal)
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- High energy and enthusiasm to effectively manage the organization and service delivery function
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving capabilities
- High profile communication skills and leadership skills with the ability to influence multiple business partners across all levels with differing points of view
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Must have experience leading internal and external teams including experience mentoring a team and fostering an environment of continuous learning and development
- Must have experience with vendor negotiations and vendor management
- Successful background working in and navigating in a corporate matrix environment
- Must have strong project management skills and an ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record resolving complex business issues and making sound decisions
- Highly professional and ethical