Share this job
Purchasing Director – Procurement Operations
Shanghai, China, China
Are you energized by enterprise digital S2P transformation? Do you want the opportunity to apply your expertise to the design, delivery and operationalization of the future of Source to Pay across Nike Inc?
Are you ready to join a cross functional team revolutionizing how employees obtain the goods and services needed to serve the athlete? If so, read on….
As the Geography Purchasing Director, your mission is to contribute to transformation of the user experience, risk optimization and value creation associated with BILLIONS of Purchasing across Nike Inc.
You will be asked to accomplish this through cross functional coordination, simplification, standardization and automation. This role will lead the design and the implementation of the future as well as manage existing Source to Pay Channels for all procurement categories spend across Nike Inc.
Your role will take partnership to a new level with key Geography and Territories (or Key Cities) Functional Leaders (Sourcing, Legal, Finance, Tech, Business Units). You will leverage your leadership, subject matter expertise and influencing skills to optimize risk to build future and improving existing S2P platforms. You will be a key leader aiming to exceed enterprise expectations across our key deliverables in risk optimization, process efficiency and user satisfaction across a platform that supports over 30K users processing over 800K transactions a year.
As part of the Global Procurement Operations Leadership Team, you will work closely with your peers to integrate Tactical Sourcing, Purchasing and Vendor Information Management capabilities. You will also work closely with the Procurement Director to drive alignment and leverage across various procurement category and subcategoy capabilities.
This role will lead a Greater China Team of direct reports and an extended Team of indirect reports as well as project teams across Purchasing capabilities in the Geography and Territories (or Key Cities) The role reports to the Senior Director of Procurement Asia and Senior Director of Global Procurement Operations and is a member of the Extended Global Procurement Leadership Team. The role will also be a key player in various Global and Geo Steering Committees.
This opportunity will require application of your business, leadership and subject matter expertise to collaboratively achieve cross functional objectives across the enterprise Source to Pay capabilities.
If overcoming complex cross functional and technical obstacles to revolutionize the Nike employee purchasing experience while delivering enterprise value appeals to you, then this is your opportunity.
• In partnership with the Sr. Director of Procurement Asia, design, deliver and operate new Geography and Territories (or Key Cities) S2P capabilities across the Nike Inc. (People, Process and Technology).
• Bachelor's degree in Business related field or the equivalent education and/or work experience
• Master’s degree (MBA or related field) preferred
• 5+ years' experience in Global/Multi-national Procurement Operations (Sourcing, Purchasing and Vendor Management) and/or related management consulting
• 5+ years’ experience in Process Innovation, Project Management and Procurement System implementations (SAP, COUPA preferred)
• 2+ years’ experience leading and managing global operational teams in multiple locations
• Demonstrated ability to coach individuals and teams to high performance results
• Proven ability to work cross-culturally, cross-functionally teams to deliver operational results aligned with a global strategy
• High tolerance for ambiguity; ability to self-initiate actions aligned with strategy
• Proven energy to navigate complex organizational structures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deliver high impact presentations to senior leadership