Product Merchandising Manager, Hurley
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Job Function: Merchandising & Product Management
Date published: 28-Feb-2017
About the Product team
Our mission is to create epic consumer experiences at retail across our different distribution channels that will both elevate our brand and drive commercial success. We're driven by curiosity, discipline and passion and our drive to be number one.
About the role
Candidates for the Product Merchandising Manager role Hurley should be passionate about the product, about the customer and about surfing. You'll play a significant role in achieving our vision of being the number one surf brand. You'll partner with Hurley leadership to build and execute a strategic product plan. You'll also collaborate with Hurley Sales and external vendors to prepare and achieve financial targets and inventory management plans.
This role will require some travel to Hurley Headquarters in Costa Mesa, California.
1. Drive revenue growth among existing customers to achieve financial targets set by accounts throughout Japan.
2. Lead the Sales and Marketing teams at quarterly trade shows with product and Hurley knowledge based on seasonal strategy.
3. Market research on the Japan surf industry toward forecasting demands and trends.
4. Lead and manage the product team, planning and preparation for seasonal trade shows, development and delivery control from external vendors.
5. Design and direct Japan SMU products aligning with company vision and customer demand.
1. Bachelors' degree.
2. Minimum five years' work experience in Merchandising for a fashion or sports brand. Minimum two years' experience in people management.
3. Sales and Marketing experience preferred.
4. Knowledge of and/or experience in the surfing industry highly preferred.
5. Fluency in both Japanese and English (minimum TOEIC 800+) required.