Share this job
Product Development Manager (Apparel)
Nike is always on the move. We are driving an offense that allows us to serve our consumer faster, more personally, and at scale. We are accelerating our greatest opportunities and putting decision-making closer to the consumer so we can move at the speed of the market. We are looking for a leader passionate about our athletes and committed to delivering game changing innovation.
Nike products enable and inspire human potential, and it’s up to the Nike Product Development team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. The Product Development Team leads the creation process, manages product lines, and maintains a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product team members operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether its basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: The Product team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
- · Manages employees and sets individual goals that link to departmental priorities.
- · Coaches staff, supports development, makes hiring decisions, and drives performance management, recognition and rewards.
- · Participates in functional discussions and initiatives across departments.
- · Ensures functional goals and development processes continuously evolve to reflect internal and external best practices.
- · Keeps abreast of market trends, category goals, new technology and process innovation throughout the development community.
- · Utilizes internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and enhance business group effectiveness.
- · Manages the product creation development function for a given product category line.
- · Ensures teams deliver on time products from initial concept through to commercialization according to critical dates, product specifications, sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
- · Drive operational strategies that deliver against category objectives, key events and innovation plans.
- · Work with regional & global cross-matrix counterparts to ensure timely development, execution and delivery of product covering source selection, capacity planning, and costing, lead-time & on-time delivery in accordance to comprehensive needs.
- · Provide functional leadership to and share expertise with relevant teams in areas related to capacity planning, materials, garment construction, development process, working & system tools, engineering/costing & meeting all key calendar gates & dates.
- · Partner with global counterparts to create calendar & process tools on special product initiatives to ensure countries / teams are serviced with appropriate products. (e.g. quick turn, licensed products, innovations)
- · Actively provide new innovative ideas (not limited to products and processes) and cost effective options as is relevant to each project.
Requirements of the position include:
- · Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in apparel development and manufacturing.
- · Possess strong understanding in all facets of product make, finish, construction, and the product creation life cycle.
- · Experience in leading, coaching, driving and inspiring direct reports, and proactive in developing people and winning teams
- · Strong leadership in problem solving and decision making.
- · Demonstrated skill at leading teams of highly qualified and specialized individuals with diverse expertise and cultures.
- · Proven capability to work collaboratively with multiple groups in large matrix organization to promote, drive and execute the team’s objectives.
- · Ability to lead multiple complex projects at one time and prioritize work according to potential impact with agility to switch priorities as circumstances require.
- · Strong influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization.
- · Must have strong customer focused, collaborative approach to work and give clear direction to team members and factory partners.
- · Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
- · Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook