Share this job
PRODUCT GRAPHIC DESIGNER I
Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Under direction from Design management, uses design skills to create original graphic designs that appropriately reflect Nike's design ethos. Designs graphics for products that will be created and sold to consumers. Includes original concepts, selection of appropriate materials and techniques, and modifications to ensure manufacturability. Ability to design layouts for presentations to key Nike Assets and counterparts. Brings to life the seasonal category creative narrative through graphic design that is trend relevant to the category consumer. Effectively uses computerized systems in design process.
- Works with design management and category team members in design, development, and merchandising to ensure feasibility of designs, meeting price points, merchandising needs, product creation dates/gates are met, design tools are effectively utilized, and cross-functional teamwork occurs as appropriate.
- Creates graphics that are Industry leading, trend right and that consistently incorporate consumer/athlete insights through powerful storytelling, emotional connectivity and relevance.
- Communicates and presents design concepts; produces presentation materials in conjunction with design and category teams that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences.
- Builds awareness of current trends, color, technology, and sport-related products through research and travel. Works with design management and/or more senior designers to actively gain experience, enhance design skills, and increase knowledge of Nike's design philosophy, products, and processes.
- Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution. Background in apparel graphics is a plus but not completely necessary. Manages individual projects beginning with attending internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards. Have good organizational skills to help in hierarchal tasks for efficient design project management.
- Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets. Estimates all aspects of project development. Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget. Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation.
- Provides design support for higher level designers as needed.
- University degree with at least 4 years relevant experience in Apparel Graphic Design, Print Design, and/or Illustration
- Familiarity with Mac platform, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Good problem-solving skills with strong communication, presentation and project management skills
- Self-motivated, positive work attitude, attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility
- Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese/Mandarin
***Please send your resume, together with a selection on non-returnable portfolio***
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.