Share this job
Operations Manager Singapore
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
About the role:
Nike is looking to hire an Operations Manager for the Singapore marketplace, based in Singapore. This role will report into the SEA&I territory logistics function.
This role is accountable for the end-to-end supply chain for Nike Singapore, serving the consumer in the Singapore marketplace. Additionally, Nike Singapore has partnerships with >10 distributors, within the ASEAN region and beyond. This individual is expected to manage the flow and distribution of products to our partners within these markets, using the principles of reliability, efficiency, flexibility and speed in the supply chain.
Working in a matrix organization, this role is required to work with direct and virtual teams within Nike to deliver operational objectives. This role will also need to rely on strong vendor management skills to drive 3rd party logistics day-to-day performances and efficiencies. As the owner of the service, cost and inventory metrics for the country, he/she is expected to drive continuous improvement and traction of the key logistics KPIs towards the target that is being set. The principles of reliability, efficiency, flexibility and speed of the supply chain will be a guiding principle towards a consumer-focused offense.
To be effective you’ll need to operate at a high degree of comfort with multi-tasking, while at the same time, the ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. As a people manager, this role is expected to execute the departmental strategy through providing direction, coaching and acting as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Responsible for logistics operations in the Singapore marketplace, for importation, warehousing, distribution and returns logistics.
- Accountable for managing timely shipping processes and distribution model in export distributor models within ASEAN region and beyond.
- Ensure proper documentation and trade regulations are adhered to and trade benefits are maximized for export shipments.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain that leads to reduced lead-times, reduced costs and enhanced service levels.
- Own the budget and forecasting targets, with timely submissions and accuracy to achieve objectives within the target.
- Collaborate with DC 3PL for capacity and resource planning that generates efficiency in productivity and costs.
- Drive disciplined inventory control processes within the warehouse, that is in line to Nike compliance standards, to maintain high levels of inventory integrity.
- Ensure on-time availability of products, working with the logistics team to execute inbound shipment planning.
- Responsible for driving on-time and in-full deliveries to customers in the marketplace.
- Manage the logistics execution for the returns process, and ensure timely put back to stock to maximize inventory availability.
- Track shipment goals in daily/monthly/quarterly level, by managing discussions around DC processing capacity and order availability/flow.
- Active participation in cross-functional country meetings, offering logistics expertise as an enabler to the country goals and strategy.
- Leverage on the territory network to promote and receive best practice sharing of expert knowledge.
Requirements for this position include -
Minimum educational qualification: Bachelor’s degree.
At least 5 years in Logistics Management, Supply Chain or a related field.
Possess solid knowledge of end-to-end supply chain, through inbound planning and execution, warehousing principles through 3PL management, and outbound distribution.
Hands on attitude with strong attention to detail.
Team player who is able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Able to work closely with internal stakeholders in a matrix organization.
Experience in export distribution model is advantageous
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.