- Position: Footwear Nike Explore Team Engineer II
- Team: Reports to Korea Nike Explore Team Engineering Director
Nike is always on the offense and is constantly innovating. We are looking for an individual to join the NIKE Explore Team to help revolutionize the world’s best athletic footwear for the world’s best athletes and the most discerning consumers. In this role your mission is to design, develop, and transition creative and efficient manufacturing processes and lines. You will be required to work closely with a cross functional team in driving brand and category innovation from original idea through to seasonal category integration. In this role you will plan and execute process development work, design and conduct scientific development trials, translate trial results into appropriate next step actions, determine alternative methods for achieving performance targets, and optimize process transition documents that properly communicate validated standards. An ability to develop state of the art engineering processes and solutions for a manufacturing environment is critical. A successful candidate must also be a good communicator, a strong collaborator, possess an ability to proactively influence diverse teams, and have a solid understanding of a product creation process. Knowledge of computers and various software applications is a must. Experience and understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, value stream mapping, root cause analysis, DOE, process flow optimization, and other IE concepts is important. You will also evaluate the manufacturability of products, develop appropriate assembly processes, and plan appropriate tools/fixtures/gauges to achieve assembly cost targets. Finally, you will be responsible for group participation in ideation, visioning, creative problem solving, and critical brainstorming on new, game-changing product or processes concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Process, Mechanical Engineering, or related field with 5 years relevant work experience.
- Strategic planning and good project management with an ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Experience with defining equipment, preferably in a product manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with equipment suppliers (price, delivery, and on-going service) desired.
- Knowledge of mathematics involved in costing and industrial engineering.
- Experience with MS Visio 2D Cad or MS project a plus.
- Presentation skills. Working knowledge of .ppt or various other electronic means to communicate a new idea or concept. Tech writing capability a plus.
- Good to strong English communication (written + verbal) capabilities.
- Strong influencing skills
- Sports enthusiast and can exhibit an understanding of current events in sports and/or has participated in team sports.
- Creativity and an ability to challenge status quo or convention.
- Independence or self-starter with good people skills and ability to network.
- Ability to work with and understand diverse cultures.
- Willingness to coach and be coachable, always.
- Ability to travel internationally.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Nike Job Alerts
Sign up to stay up to date with the latest opportunities.
We Are Nike
Diversity & Inclusion
We Are Equals