Share this job
MATERIAL COSTING MANAGER
Taipei City, Taipei, Taiwan
- Responsible for partnering with the manufacturing functions to ensure that materials and processes for product creation are addressed in the most cost-effective manner with goal of improving material costing
- Proactively works with Factory, Material team, and Costing Team to review and interpret material vendor cost breakdown and its impact on the total weighted margin.
- Provides and performs scenario analysis regarding Materials, component, technology, productivity, and foreign exchange changes to help the team achieve target gross price margin per season according to the seasonal critical dates.
- Review historical information and models to prepare and present information to the category team and Costing counterpart to help establish FoB and factory negotiation.
- Understand market intelligence, processes, dynamics on different material types. Elevate External market dynamics and their impacts on Nike’s spend (e.g. impact of commodity markets on materials pricing, impact of oil. etc)
- Bachelor or Master Degree from an accredited University.
- 6-8 years relevant industry and work experience (finance, cost or lean accounting, manufacturing, industrial, apparel costing, production or engineering). Cross functional or technical leadership experience desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting or performing material costing.
- Has the ability to manage projects independently and communicate progress and priorities to management and internal customers.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent computer (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint), written and verbal communication skills.
- Excited to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to travel to or work directly at factories, sometimes for extended periods.