Share this job
MANUFACTURING ENG MATERIALS DIRECTOR
Taipei City, Taipei, Taiwan
Role and responsibilities
- Acted as the “Chemistry Expert” in driving the development and optimization of manufacturing engineering materials. Involved in material data analysis, technical specifications and vendor performance.
- Provides coordination and direction to team members to ensure the ability to manufacture new or revised products efficiently and in a timely manner, works closely with our supplier base in Taiwan and other locations in Asia.
- Ensures team defines and documents procedures for all aspects of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Sets the technical direction for assigned area. Participates on the leadership team, and responsible for strategic planning and budgeting.
- Functions as the engineering innovation leader in areas such as new manufacturing concepts, product technologies and sustainability ventures.
- Directs team in process improvement initiatives, leads team and provides coaching when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in textile chemistry or related fields in textile / manufacturing engineering with minimum 8 years of relevant work experience
- Strong understand of textile formation, especially in dyeing, yarn, fiber, and finishing
- Knowledge of material types including knits, woven and non-woven
- Apparel product development process knowledge is required
- Progressive career development in managing a textile dye house, or working at the senior / management level in chemical plant is highly preferred
- Lab testing and global material experience is required.
- Able to handle negotiation, as well as influence and manage communications with suppliers
- Sensitivity to different cultures, customs and business practices
- Experience with third party vendor engagement, materials or related development projects is preferred
- Able to be assertive, self-motivated and work in a team environment
- Strong communications skills in English and Mandarin
- Able to physically work in Taipei with a local Taiwan package
- 30-50% of travel