Logistics Program Director
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Job Function: Distribution Centers
Date published: 19-Oct-2017
About Nike Japan Operations
The Japan Operations team is responsible for managing the design of Nike Japan's supply chain footprint of the future and executing program strategy in partnership with Sales, Retail, Finance and Global teams, while also supporting all channels on the B2C and B2B side of the business.
About the role
The Operations Program Director will manage multiple projects that begin by focusing on Marketplace insights to develop a best-in-class multi-node fulfillment network, systems and infrastructure to seamlessly deliver capabilities that services our wholesale, retail and digital consumers in a rapidly changing environment.
In this role, you will develop the long-term road map for scaling our operations toward the realization of business objectives of reliably and efficiently delivering to consumers wherever and whenever the consumer wants in a truly connected and integrated marketplace.
You will lead a virtual team to drive cross-functional alignment on the best solutions for critical business requirements between our consumers and customers and supply chain through in-depth analysis and clear context, leveraging data and best practices within Nike and the industry.
This role will be based at both Nike's Japan HQ (Tokyo Midtown Tower, Roppongi) and Distribution Center in Tomisato (Chiba) and will require some travel to Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Design a supply chain footprint of the future for the next ten years to support our Consumer Direct strategy and based on the evolving Marketplace.
- Expand Nike Japan Distribution Center storage and through-put capacity across the next three years and beyond by effective prioritization of identified opportunities, managing project resources and optimizing investments.
- Define fulfillment capabilities (Node and Distribution Center operations, services, system and MHE) and build the road map for scaling our multi-node network.
- Define our fulfillment service value propositions by studying market trends, listening to the voice of our customers & consumers and data analysis.
- Engage the global leadership team to align our goals with global initiatives.
- Collaborate with and influence other functional leaders including Sales, Retail, Technology, and Finance to drive programs and projects and define the right long-term investment plan.
- Business and /or Operations educational qualification and master’s degree.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in warehouse/ distribution management, logistics, operations, customer service operations; management of large distribution networks for retail or consumer goods company
- B2B and B2C supply chain experience is preferable.
- Excellent communication skill and a strong experience in the management and development of business solutions, resource optimization, planning and execution of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in building business relations with Logistics Service Providers, other third party suppliers and driving Customer Service.
- Experience in analysis of operational data and good analytical & problem solving skills.
- Fluency in English (TOEIC minimum 800+).