Share this job
LEAD MFG MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Nike Smart Systems Engineering envisions, builds and commercializes the future of digitally enabled products that serve athletes. We are looking for an experienced Lead Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer to join our team based in Hong Kong. You will be responsible for supporting the Design Engineering team in the sourcing, optimization and qualification of cost effective high precision mechanical systems within Nike’s Asia supply base. Your core responsibilities will include achieving goals for meeting or exceeding product specifications, cost, quality and time to market. A successful Lead Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer highly technical, detail oriented, independent and driven individual with a proven history of delivering innovative products.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Supports engineering design team in sourcing and qualification of small electro-mechanical systems such as miniature gear motors and pneumatic systems (valves, pumps, etc.)
- Engage with Nike’s supply base in the qualification of high precision and cost effective plastic and metal components across a wide range of manufacturing processes (injections molding, CNC, stamping, diecast, MIM, etc.)
- Responsible for standardized production procedures and maintains all process documentation such as vendor work instructions and line fixture drawings
- Interface regularly with the World Head Quarters (WHQ) Design Engineering; participate in Design Reviews, DFM and FMEA analysis
- Conduct thorough root cause analysis to troubleshoot mechanical component issues during the NPI and ramp of proudcts
- Recommends product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve product reliability standard
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum five-year experience in miniature electro-mechanical systems, i.e. gear motors, valves, pumps, etc.
- Proven experience in high volume and high precision molded plastic parts and metal fabrication (machining, stamping, diecast, MIM, etc.)
- Working knowledge of wearable or miniaturized consumer electronics preferred
- Highly motivated and organized individual who is able to function independently in a fast paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people management/development skills to be a change driver both internally and externally
- Proven strong communication and presentation skill
- Six sigma, lean implementation, error proofing, Correlation studies, DOE, GR&R, PFMEA, and/or other continuous improvement knowledge preferred.
- Experience with automation, test apparatus control and data acquisition hardware preferred
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written required
- Cantonese and Mandarin speaker preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.