Share this job
Key Account Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
About the Role -
As our Key Account Manager, the nature of your work is focused on creating and servicing product demand. You are responsible for achieving assigned sales quota by bringing in new and maintaining existing business, sell products to a defined set of accounts or geographic territory, contribute to the development of the sales strategy at the account level, to maximize profitability for the company and account. You will develop and execute strategies with accounts; including semi-annual account business plans and monthly revenue targets. Drive business through accounts by utilizing customer service skills and building strong relationships based upon product/category and marketplace expertise which results in consistent target attainment. To that end, you'll,
- Manage employees and set individual goals that link to departmental priorities. Coach staff, support development, make hiring decisions, and drive performance management, recognition and rewards.
- Develop, apply, and oversee the sales activities for the designated field sales team. Accountable for executing and analyzing business plans and performance targets. Work with the product or category business groups to develop programs and processes to achieve revenue targets and strong brand positioning. Manage the brand by executing and aligning brand initiatives that ensure strategic sales growth.
- Work with sales management to develop, apply, and oversee the field sales strategy. Create and implement business plans for achieving revenue growth and other financial targets. Lead and oversee the processor realistic and accurate scenario planning, forecasting, seasonal initiatives, business analysis, and new sales opportunities.
- Be the voice of product priorities. Ensure that the sales team, staff and appropriate partners (product business unit, finance, marketing, customer service, HR, etc.) are aligned and business plans are executed in coordination. Prepare, plan and deliver clear and persuasive product presentations at sales meetings.
- Maintain strong relationships with key customers and accounts in order to influence and execute account plans.
Requirements for this position include -
- A degree in business administration, management or marketing would be an advantage.
- Prior field sales management in the athletic industry and/or consumer products industry strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of the athletic industry both from product knowledge and marketplace trends.
- Ability to engage and manage business discussion within top/senior management level (internal and external).
- Ability and vision to provide 360-degree business solutions given the dynamic multi-brand retail scene.
- Experience in Digital Channel Management preferred.
- Experience in successfully implementing various sales programs, policies, procedures, and methodologies.
- Experience in utilizing financial decision making, models and translating results into business plans and accurate revenue forecasts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives. Able to influence both cross functionally and vertically within the organization.
- Ability to meet non-negotiable deadlines as set by region and country.
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge and experience on national and global sporting industry and marketplace trends.
- Ability to think strategically and provides problem-solving solutions.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint) tools and Sales/Account Management systems.
- Active participation in sports is an advantage.
- Ability to travel.