Singapore , Singapore, Singapore
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Date published: 16-Mar-2017
As the Inventory Accountant for Nike Trading Company B.V. and Nike Global Trading B.V in Singapore, you will be responsible for managing the inventory accounting activities for the buy/sell operations of the Nike Trading Companies for statutory, SOX, transfer pricing and direct tax reporting compliance.
- Timely execution of month-end Inventory closing activities which includes material ledger settlement, intercompany revenue and COGS reconciliation, margin & variance analysis, shipped not billed accruals, recording of inventory in-transit and inventory-cost related transactions.
- Prepare month-end inventory reporting for validating results, variance explanations and financial statements analysis. Where there are exceptions, investigate, communicate and provide resolutions for the root causes. Ensure action items are communicated and followed up effectively with the relevant parties.
- Responsible for VAT reconciliation in buy/sell countries where Nike Trading Company is the non-resident importer for reporting compliance
- Responsible for building/maintaining relevant desk-top procedures in accordance with the established controls and policies.
- Participate in the system integrated testing for global project initiatives. Define relevant test scenarios and validate FICO results within the set timeline. Provide inputs for informed decision on user acceptance
internal and external audits. Maintain the integrity of the companies’
financial statements and compliance with US GAAP, local statutory, integrated
compliance controls and indirect tax controls and compliance.
- Support in simplifying and improving inventory reporting and processes through automation. Document problem statement and value proposition for system enhancements.
- Partner with Business, Global Controlling teams, and cross-functional teams within the company to support global project/process initiatives in the related space.
Requirements of the
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance with 3-4 years of relevant finance/accounting experience
- Experience with international trading of large, multinational consumer products companies, manufacturing companies or Big 4 audit experience with large international trading companies preferred
- Conversant in SAP systems with 2-3 years of experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook. Ability to deploy them effectively for analysis reporting, presentation and process-flow improvement
- Meticulous, organized & both results & detail-oriented
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Mature, responsible, self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Possess good analytical, problem-solving skills with passion to pursue business process excellence to drive efficiencies
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-cultural business partners and cross-functional teams
working in fast-paced environment with great amount of ambiguity and embrace
changes for team success