Share this job
Integrated Marketplace Sales Director, Nike Sportswear
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the role
The Nike Sportswear (NSW) category is one of the key pillars of the Nike Japan business as we have some of the most sophisticated, on-trend, and sneaker savvy consumers in the world. To that end, the Integrated Marketplace (IMP) Sales Director for NSW is one of the most critical commercial roles in the total organization. Beyond setting the marketplace direction and distribution strategy for this category, you will be at the forefront of bringing what’s new and innovative to the market and will lead the Globe as you do so.
Candidates for this role must be fluent in English (TOEIC minimum 850+). Japanese language skills would be an advantage but are not required for this role.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Develop a holisitic, long term marketplace distribution vision that is truly integrated across Japan’s retail landscape. This includes setting a strategy across Nike digital as well as Nike-owned brick and mortar doors, to wholesale partners like Atmos and other Globally defining Category Specialty accounts, to more traditional Sporting Goods account.
- Work closely with the key NSW Category Specialty account team to deepen Nike’s connections to the Japanese consumers and continue to meet their sophisticated needs at the right levels.
- Build a strong door conncetion strategy for Tokyo that is segmented and differentitated to address various consumer profiles
- Develop a long-term growth strategy focused on expanding the NSW apparel and women’s business.
- Lead, coach, drive and inspire the NSW account executives to greatness, with a strong focus on learning and development planning for each team member.
- Own the seasonal Category Game Plan process for the NSW Category to ensure strong business alignment through seasonal hindsighting & foresighting, and running comprehensive quarterly category meetings
- Be the face of NSW across the organization, and bring all other functions together to create the boldest integrated category team not only in Japan, but across the globe.
- University Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a strategic and/or channel sales role.
- Proven track record as a leader who can exert strong influence over accounts, be persuasive and build consensus towards global leadership, and develop teams to new heights.
- Experienced in building door, banner and marketplace strategies that have driven incremental revenue gains and built/strengthened brand equity
- Experience working across traditional Brick & Mortar business as well as digital.
- Strong affiliation with style, local influencers, Nike product knowledge and heritage.
- Very strong English language skill (minimum TOEIC 850+).