HK/TW RETAIL MGMT DIRECTOR
, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Job Function: Sales
Date published: 27-Nov-2017
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop strategies necessary for the development and implementation of retail best practices, operational standards, business processes, and policies and procedures.
- Establish key benchmarks and performance measures to assess operational effectiveness. Establish processes to analyze results and develop plans for improving business practices to maximize profitability.
- Partner with retail field leadership to integrate implementation and delivery of operational improvements and related communications and training with overall retail business plan.
- Provide expertise on store development projects to ensure efficient use of capital and company assets
- Develop overall communication and training strategy to ensure that stores have necessary information and education resources to consistently execute operational standards.
- Select, lead, evaluate, coach, train, and develop a team of Retail Operations professionals and Managers. Manages team and sets team and individual goals that align with department and function goals.
- Coaches staff, creates opportunities for staff development, makes hiring decisions, drives performance management, recognition and rewards. Develops team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance.
- Proactively conduct consumer research and have a clear understanding of consumer, market and product research and management of innovative range development and change including marketing, purchasing and development to achieve budget.
- Maximise the retail contribution at lowest operational cost, maintaining optimum product availability through effective forecasting without unnecessarily increasing stock holding value.
- Be responsible for and manage all Retail master data.
- To ensure that the team has industry standards processes, templates and tools in order to manage client retail programs effective and for maximum commercial delivery.
- Participate in new business evaluations and understand ongoing tenders, closely work with the team on ongoing client initiatives, performance delivery to contractual terms and subject matter expert for retail matters.
- Bachelor’s degree holder with minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in retail industries and minimum 3 years of management experience
- With a proven track record in retail management gained from large retail business; multi-store retail operations experience is required
- Strong analytical skills and details-oriented; strategic thinker who is proactive and results-oriented
- Ability to analyze and interpret a high amount of data and identify the implications and required actions
- Retail and product expertise in Hong Kong and Taiwan with apparel / fashion trend experience
Strong problem-solving, organization and planning skills; with a good sense of urgency and is able to handle ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese, English and Mandarin
- Travel: 20-30%