Greater China Merchandising Analytics Manager
Shanghai , China, China
Job Function: Merchandising & Product Management
Date published: 27-Jul-2017
As Merchandising Analytics Manager, you will support the execution of Nike Greater China Merchandising Analytics strategy - generate actionable insights through operational analytics, perform advanced modelling to solve complex business problems, elevate analytics capability to strongly support the vision and mission of Greater China Merchandising.
You will work closely with the Senior Greater China Merchandising Analytics Manager and the GC Merchandising team to:
• Collect/consolidate/prioritize analytics requirement across functional teams
• Develop analytics foundation to serve business needs
• Perform advanced modelling to solve complex business problems
• Drive communications within local/global analytics community
• Evaluate and identify the analytics capability gap and take actions to bridge the gap
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Merchandising Management, Statistics or a related field or an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• MBA and/or graduate degree in operations research, data mining or statistics preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience of advanced analytics in merchandising domain within retail/consumer goods industry or a related field
• Excellent skills with Excel is required. Experience and skills with Tableau a bonus
• Gifted analytical thinker; proven ability to synthesize complex data into simple and compelling arguments for change; Quantitative modeling background essential.
• Excellent communication skills with displayed ability to communicate to all levels of the organization at the appropriate level of detail
• Strong relationship-building skills; ability to create trust among those with diverse personal styles and work and cooperatively in a diverse group
• Solid presenter and group facilitator. Exceptional listening skills. Ability to adapt presentations to needs of audience – upwards, lateral sensitivity.
• Strong athletic industry literacy preferred.
• Global/International experience preferred
• Irrepressible positive spirit and optimism. Eagerness to learn continuously.