Share this job
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Are you looking for an opportunity to work and build a strong career with one of the coolest brands in the world?!
We at NIKE Canada are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Finance Manager-NSP to join our Canada HQ team, Downtown Toronto, ON.
Nike, Inc is one of the most recognized and leading brands in the world. We are the world’s leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories.
Along the way, Nike has established a strong Brand Portfolio with several wholly-owned subsidiaries including CONVERSE, HURLEY, JORDAN BRAND and NIKE GOLF. Nike’s world headquarters is located in the United States near Beaverton, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. Nike operates all around the globe employing more than 44,000 people across six continents.
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game. Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance plays a leadership role in these opportunities by providing expertise and insight to drive near-term profitability, strategic investment for long-term growth, and risk management in an evolving macroeconomic environment. We plan, account, and report for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar portfolio businesses across diverse categories and geographies, while managing the company’s investment portfolio. Our people and culture distinguish us as a world-class finance team that lives its organizational mission: to drive and deliver value to every Nike shareholder.
As our (NSP) Finance Manager for Nike Canada you will play a key role in driving healthy and profitable growth for Nike Store Partner (NSP). You will be the main connection point and key business partner of our NSP team, providing financial insights to their business and helping them with decision-making. Specifically, you will partner with the NSP team to evaluate opportunities to fuel our strategy.
Being a key business partner on a cross-functional team, you will provide insights that drive actions and impact the business. You and the team will work, leveraging the functional expertise of our partner stores commercial functions, to lead the business to profitable growth. You will need to demonstrate strong retail business acumen, team mindset, can-do mentality and strong analytical skill-set.
- Drive forecasting and performance management of current fiscal year performance, proactively keeping management informed of results, and suggesting course-correction actions when necessary
- Partner within organization to develop insights and provide financial guidance on both short- and long-term strategies critical to the success of the NSP business
- Support the 3-year strategic plan, annual planning process and quarterly business review for NSP
- Report on and analyze key wholesale and retail KPIs with the aim to help the NSP business grow and expand in a sustainable manner while creating and elevating the marketplace
- Interpret and review financial and operational results with your business partners including marketplace trends/issues while helping to create opportunities to drive actionable responses
- Proactively source opportunities to streamline and simplify processes to improve business results
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business-related field with an emphasis in Finance and/or Accounting with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience
- CPA-CMA, CPA-CA certification or MBA in Finance, Economics or related field
- Demonstrable retail experience and acumen
- Proven expertise in financial planning and reporting within a Fortune 500 / multinational consumer products company with a fast-paced, dynamic and fluid environment
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills. Experience working in a matrix organization is considered an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and strategic mindset. Analytical skills in converting data/information to comprehensive insights / feedbacks.
Team player attitude, solid positive energy, confidence, integrity and passion for the Brand Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken SAP knowledge is preferred Support cross functional teams through ad hoc financial analysis as required
Nike believes smart, passionate, curious people will rise to the occasion, therefore they set the bar high and then raise it higher. At Nike, you will grow because you will be challenged. You will be challenged because you will work with the best talent, the best athletes, and the best business partners in the industry.
If this is you, then please apply online with your most recent resume and cover letter at your earliest opportunity. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.