Finance Manager, Controlling
Tokyo , Japan, Japan
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Date published: 9-Dec-2015
About the Finance team
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike's business portfolio offer more potential than ever.
Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments and other treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver more than just the numbers.
About the role
As our Finance Manager, Controlling you'll be responsible for the coordination and supervision of all accounting functions, ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations, laws and generally accepted technical accounting procedures.
This role requires diverse experience including solid knowledge of USGAAP plus excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes including close and reporting. As part of a matrix organization you'll need to work collaboratively across functions and geographies to maximize performance, problem solve and deliver results.
As a people manager, you will also be responsible for the coaching and development of a high-performing and diverse Finance organization.
Based in Tokyo, this role will report into the Nike Japan Controller and involve some travel to Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Lead and manage the Japan Controlling team for timely and accurate financial reporting under USGAAP as well as SOX compliance for Nike Japan.
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and participate in all accounting functions, ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations, laws and generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Facilitate and complete month, quarter and year end close procedures and prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to close schedule.
- Support Order to Cash accounting including revenue recognition framework and compliance related work.
- Analyze complex financial reports and records and review financial results with business managers and advise on financial implications of business decisions.
- Support major projects and initiatives and provide technical accounting expertise as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related business field.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in accounting, auditing or consulting.
- Experience in SOX control and process documentation, testing and remediation.
- Strong knowledge of USGAAP. US CPA and experience in Big 4 audit firm highly preferred. Tax/Statutory experience also preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated team and people management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and requests including project tracking - manage and oversee multiple projects and deliverables.
- Fluency in English (minimum TOEIC 850+). Japanese language ability is not a requirement for this role.