Finance - Compliance Manager
Bangalore , Kamataka, India
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Date published: 31-Mar-2017
Manage internal controls and SOX operations to ensure the integrity of NIKE's financial statements. Be responsible for developing and implementing compliance procedures and policies throughout the territory.
- Assess the priority of Business process controls during the transition from entity level controls. Ensure key controls are aligned with global.
- Develop process flow documentations and keep them updated.
- Assess Entity level controls and ensure they are operating effectively in the territory.
- Develop and monitor internal controls related to SOX, internal company policies, and local statutory regulations.
- Assess risks and develop action plans. Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls utilized by business groups.
- Ensure controls in place comply with statutory regulations in the territory.Including analysis of thresholds that would meet statutory and PWC audits.
- Lead internal audit & ensure closure of all observations within 2 quarter of report.
- Monitor Inventory controls to ensure physical & financial controls
- Interpret internal/external business challenges in the territory and recommend best practices to improve processes.
- Collaborate with internal and external audit and coordinate the information to auditors.
- Review and monitor the related work plans to ensure timely remediation of identified issues.
- Disseminate policies and procedures related to compliance activities throughout the territory.
- Develop and implement local policies as necessary. Ensure those are complied with NIKE global policies.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Analyze territory’s user system access and minimize related risk.
- Utilize the tools related to compliance activities. Ensure the information is up to date and complete. Provide training to the users in territory as necessary.
- Partner and consult with EMHQ to assess risks or to resolve issues. Provide reports on a regular basis and as requested, keep EMHQ informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
Make Good Decisions, Communicate Effectively, Lead & Influence Others, Contribute Special Expertise, and Take action with Integrity.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to make robust recommendations.
- Cross team collaboration and work with other functional teams to solve problems that enable the business to achieve their objectives.
- Negotiating and influencing skills and ability to resolve conflict. Ability to influence and effectively communicate complex topics to a broad and diverse stakeholder group.
- Demonstrated understanding of US GAAP and strong knowledge of statutory compliance requirements.
- 5-7 years of experience.