Share this job
Employee Relations Specialist, Japan and Korea
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the team
Nike, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
About the role
Nike is looking to hire an Employee Relations Specialist to cover Japan and Korea. As an Employee Relations Specialist at Nike, you'll investigate, resolve, or escalate complex workplace issues in a fast-paced and dynamic environment in order to ensure consistency, fairness, and legal compliance. You will be focused on supporting Nike’s growing Nike Direct population (Retail.) You'll advise and consult with management and employees on employee policies, performance management (corrective action), and issue resolution. As a Champion of Nike’s culture, you will deliver a premium experience to the employees and managers you support during difficult situations.
- Assess ER-related matters and resolve or escalate as outlined in the escalation matrix.
- Conducts internal audits of employee relations issues to identify possible violations and makes recommendations of appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Conducts grievance procedures, facilitates counseling and training sessions, and internal investigations.
- Provides business managers guidance into conducting fact findings into allegations of routine, non-complex policy violations; provide related consultative services to business managers.
- Advises management and employees in routine, non-complex corrective action, including final warning and termination situations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 2 years of directly relevant work experience in HR discipline, legal or related field.
- Fluency in English, Korean and Japanese required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in high stress situations.
- Ability to work with managers and employees remotely through the telephone and internet locations.
- Ability to Summarizes relevant facts in a concise, objective manner.
- Prior retail industry experience preferred.