Share this job
Director, Brand Communications
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
About the Marketing team
Consumer conversations and relationships fuel the work of Nike Marketing. It’s the fuel that has built one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Nike Marketing captures the science, art and emotion of Nike's innovations and connects them with the hearts, minds and souls of athletes. The pros in brand
strategy, advertising, digital engagement, product presentation, consumer analytics and more foster consumer connections via channels ranging from Nike Stores to social media. They approach marketing in a way that only Nike can: taking risks, pushing boundaries and inspiring consumers to be champions.
About the role
The Brand Communications Director brings NIKE’s innovative and distinctive brand voice to the diverse consumers of Southeast Asia and India. This dynamic role serves as the creative leader for briefing, ideating, developing, and executing premium and purposeful storytelling to deliver NIKE’s business and brand ambitions. In addition to delivering world-class marketing executions, the role requires strategic and business aptitude to partner with NIKE regional leadership to fuel profitability and establish long-term brand dominance in the region.
The role cultivates a culture of creativity, to push the boundaries of sport. More importantly, the role uses storytelling to connect communities to the power of sport.
The Brand Communication Director plays a significant role in leading the development of inspirational NIKE only campaigns. In this role, the focus will be to understand our target consumer inside and out. From defining authentic consumer insights, to leading the creation and execution of impactful storytelling and disruptive brand experiences- centered in sport. The role has a strong heritage of continuously pushing the boundaries of digital based storytelling at the intersection of sport and technology. Creative executions can range from global adaptations, to extensions, and locally originated campaigns focused on
regional sports moments.
The role requires leadership in the facilitation and creation of Media strategy, key partnerships, and innovative digital media distribution. Beyond crafting creative strategy and ideation, the role requires the ability to facilitate and coordinate the execution of brand design elements across digital, traditional, and
retail platforms. Southeast Asia and India are diverse and dynamic markets with unique cultures and communication styles. The role requires an adaptability and sensitivity to these various local team’s communication styles and culture.
This role will require regional travel through Southeast Asia, and potentially NIKE Headquarters in Portland, Oregon as well as to India (Bangalore).
1. Steward creative development of premium and impactful storytelling. Drive strategic ideation and content/asset creation for key marketing stories. Push the boundaries of digital first experiences and content.
2. Deliver creative assets closely integrated with NIKE’s premium brand design expressions.
3. Create impactful media strategy through key partnerships and integrated media architecture.
4. Lead a team of 2 brand communications and media managers with constant guiding, coaching and development.
5. Partner with marketing leadership to craft the long-term strategic vision and development of inspirational NIKE only communication campaigns.
6. Own and promote the financial accountability and accuracy of the Brand Communication function.
7. Drive cross functional inclusion and alignment throughout the creative ideation and execution process.
8. Develop, nurture, and progress key external creative and media agency relationships.
9. Coordination deployment of creative assets across markets, functions, and external agencies.
1. Four year University degree.
2. Minimum 8 years' experience in Brand Communication/Advertising/Promotion.
3. Hybrid experience in traditional and digital communications.
4. Strong experience in both film/graphic/digital production.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations on complex business issues.
6. Fluency in English and business level English (additional benefit for conversational Thai, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa, Tagalog, or Hindi).