Share this job
Director, Asia Pacific Payroll
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Through strong partnership with Leaders and Teams from across HR, Operational Services and Core HR Operations, the Director of Asia Pacific Payroll leads at team that is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service and high-quality time & pay services for Nike’s operations across Greater China, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Rim.
Simply – this role will ensure the timely and accurate taxation and distribution of total rewards (including salary and benefits) for employees.
This role is also responsible for advancing Nike’s time & pay strategy, and will work with their peers from across the globe to define and implement quality standards and KPIs, and manage our teams and vendors to deliver services that can scale to Nike’s future growth.
The Director must be able to generate new ideas and lead and persuade others to a common point of view in a highly matrixed, creative environment. In this role, it is essential to be able to drive alignment across different functions, think quickly, and act decisively in a fast-paced environment while responding to continuously shifts across the business.
- Partner with Leaders and Teams across HR (within Region and Globally) to build a robust Asia Pacific strategy, roadmap, and organization to deliver exceptional customer service and high-quality time & pay services for the needs of today and of the future.
- Provide leadership and oversight across all countries in Asia Pacific to ensure compliant, timely and accurate pay for all employees.
- Lead, coach, drive and inspire the managers and teams within Payroll.
- Establish end-to-end processes and audit steps from time capture through to pay, and the hand-off to Finance for recording in the general ledger.
- Partner with Finance, Controlling, Compliance and Tax to ensure the accurate distribution and accounting of Nike’s investment in Total Rewards.
- Ensure payroll tax payments and withholdings are in compliance with applicable local legislation.
- Lead monthly and year-end activities and payment reconciliation with local Government agencies.
- Research external best practices and continuously challenge the status quo by championing new, creative ideas through well structured, supported, and clearly articulated points of view, balancing risk, reward, and trade-offs.
- Minimum 10 years of payroll administration and payroll tax expertise.
- Ability to lead, coach, inspire, and drive a team of ~15 employees with 7+ years of people leadership experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of country level legislation and regulation across Asia Pacific
- Strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a cross-functional and/or highly matrixed organization on a corporate, regional, and functional basis.
- Ability to determine affectively deploy resources against the priorities of the organization.
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate to executive management teams.
- Ability to network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources.
- Experience working with SAP and ADP is preferred.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.