Share this job
Digital Retail Analytics Manager, Nike.com
Tokyo, Japan, Japan
About the Nike Direct Retail Analytics team
Being a part of the Nike Direct Digital Analytics team is about more than just selling product online. It's about how Nike shows up at retail online within Nike Direct to our consumers. It's about creating ways internal partners can learn to better serve our consumer through analytics, all with a means towards getting product and experiences in front of the consumer when they want it, where they want it and how they want it.
About the role
As the Manager of Nike Direct Digital Retail Analytics you will be at the heart of the digital business and will help the digital team make decisions that will drive performance, directly leading to the accomplishment of annual goals. Representative projects include building annual and long term budgets in partnership with merchandising and planning leadership, analyzing impact of payment types on site conversion in order to develop long term strategy and working with web analytics to uncover revenue maximizing opportunities.
This position requires a high-energy, self-motivated individual with strong technical and analytical skills, high detail-orientation and excellent written and verbal communication. Candidates with a financial, strategic planning or business analytics experience in an ecommerce environment preferred. The right individual will be on top of online retail trends; understand the intricacies of the Japanese Digital business and understand the opportunities that digital can drive for the Nike brand.
The right candidate is also a strong people manager, and team player and will be comfortable with navigating the Nike matrix and working with multiple partners towards a common goal.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
- Support the Japan General Manager, Digital General Manager and Digital team to drive insights fueled by both Business and Web Analtyics.
- Serve as one of the key point people in Nike Japan who understands the growing Japanese digital business.
- You'll leverage reporting tools and ad hoc analysis to pull out relevant data, provide trending reporting, and evaluate metrics to help the Japanese teams drive their business.
- You'll forecast and report business key performance indicators (KPIs) to the senior leadership team and will partner with the CRM, Finance and Integrated Media teams to deliver analysis and insights.
- Directly manage a team of two high-performing employees and drive strategic direction and focus across both Business and Web Analytics.
- Partner across the Nike Direct physical and digital landscape, as well as the integrated marketplace, to help inform Nike Japan’s Digital Strategic Direction.
- Partner and develop strong partnerships across a multi-layered organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or a related field (an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of a degree). MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on Retail or Digital Commerce business reporting and analytics required. Financial analysis preferred. Experience working in a global business environment preferred.
- Business level written and verbal communications skills in English and Japanese required. Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 800+.)
- Affinity for business reporting, analysis, and working with large amounts of data required. Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making. Experience with Business Intelligence tools and large data sets required, COGNOS preferred. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypotheses and make recommendations required.
- Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations required.
- Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.